DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Do you know this vet

Posted by brainii - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazzi-660835 - 9 years ago

Sorry, meant Savvas!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazzi-660835 - 9 years ago

Dr. Stylianou or Dr. Akis without a doubt...I've tried Dr. Savvides, although I understand he is a very good large animal vet,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mystic - 9 years ago

stellaluna, it seems you are absolutely correct. My appologies for giving incorrect information. I remember being told that a long time ago by a friend when my cat was rushed in to Happy Valley, however, having just read about Dr. Lambros Lambrou on the Happy Valley website, I see that he certainly is not the government vet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by maid marian-667424 - 9 years ago

Whe we lived in Limassol we always took our dogs to Demetri near the Old Hospital. He was excellent.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 9 years ago

Just to correct a fact. The vet at Happy Valley is not "the government vet".

Also people employed at the government Veterinary Department are not allowed to have a private practice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Giorga Polydorou - 9 years ago

HI, the best vet in cyprus is Dr Panicos Stylianou

Sorry no image available
Posted by brainii - 9 years ago

thanks to all

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jennygee-676884 - 9 years ago

Hi Dimitris Joseph is the vet up from the police station. He is very good and his English is excellent. 25377070

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjwet - 9 years ago

In my opinion the best and most reasonable vet in or around Limmassol is Dr Akis Maratheftis. He is amazing with animals! He speaks excellent English and knows his stuff.

It is best to book an appointment because his surgery is always busy...which reflects the goodwill and respect he has with expats and locals alike. His surgery telephone number is 25736147 or 25732204.

Good luck with whoever you choose!

Sorry no image available
Posted by brainii - 9 years ago

thanks, this is a minor thing, I would prefer the cheapest vet there is.
a friend recommended some vet (he doesn't remember his name) near the main police station, anybody knows his name, or telephone or can give directions?