DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dog and Cat need to be saved please help

Posted by junemichael - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sandy Exley - 8 years ago

Been back to check but the dog definately has not been returned, The plastic kennel and dog bowls are exactly where they were last time I went.

Sorry no image available

Just read your message. Will get it checked asap.

Sorry no image available
Posted by junemichael - 8 years ago

I wonder if someone rescued it or the owner heard of the complaints and has moved it but then he would have moved the box but then again apparently there was no box or bowls there originally. Is there any way you could check again some time this week to see if anything has changed or if the dog has returned please? Did you ask at the hotel when the last time they saw it? Really appreciate your time to go.

Sorry no image available

I also checked again yesterday, the dog is definately no longer there. The small plastic kennel and new food and water bowls are there but no sign of a dog being there recently. I had a walk around the villas behind to see if there was a Jack Russell in any of the gardens and there was not.

Sorry no image available

I can only speak of the help I got with the government vet department in larnaca. They were true to their word and the dogs concerned were checked and the owners found. A friend lives near these dogs and said they are in much better living conditions now the government vet was involved. I only speak as I find. Of course this does not happen throughout Cyprus but we need at least to try.

I can check the Livas apts tomorrow again. Pernera isnt that big so I will look for the hotel apts.

Sorry I have only just seen the post about this poor dog because I do not use this site on a regular basis.

I wish it was that easy to re-home these lovely dogs. I am a volunteer at an animal shelter and re-homing is not that easy, even through advertising. I think it depends in what area you live in.

Sorry no image available

Horrah someone finally went to look. Thank you!! Is there any chance you could go and look again a few times. I wonder if someone has taken the dog? Apparently there was no dog house there and the tourists were putting water and food down and it was there 24 hours a day apart from a tourist that was taking it out of the heat sometimes. Typical hotel, not interested! Would like to see the pics if you can pm me direct for my email address. Really appreciate your help

Sorry no image available
Posted by 5alive - 8 years ago

I went to check on this poor dog next to Livas Hotel apt in Pernera (nr protaras) and I couldnt see the dog anywhere so I went inside the hotel to ask the receptionist she said she knew nothing about it and she ask the owner. The owner came down and said to me go and ask the owners of the dog. I asked what was the situation with the dog and she said apparently the dog was tied up for days without food or water so she was told by customers of the hotel. ( she herself didnt seem convinced or bothered) She told me its the house on the corner but she hadnt seen the dog recently. Well I've seen a caravan and where obviously the dog was kept as there was a small dog house and lead and dog bowl and the dirt bank mentioned in the first post here. No sign of anyone there. I took photos of the place if anyone interested.

Sorry no image available

Being in animal rescue for many years there is absolutely no point getting the police or vet or government involved as they do absolutely nothing! The only thing they may do if really pushed is speak to the owner, if they find out who that is, and the owner will continue to do what they like anyway and that will be the end of it and the poor dog will still suffer. To save an animal sometimes you just have to do the best thing and that is not getting the authorities involved as there would be no chance to rescue the dog then.

If someone rescued the dog and was unable to keep it for long they could easily find a home because of its breed. Just advertise in the Cyprus weekly or mail. I wish I lived nearer as this poor dog would not be suffering in the heat any more. Thank you to those that care.

Sorry no image available

Hi

I am not from the Protoras area but live near Larnaca. I can go and see the dog tomorrow if no one has been if you can please give me some idea in protoras where the Livas apts are.

I am loath to take it away as if it is someones dog they could prosecute for theft. However, the case can be reported to the local Government vetinary department. I have reported cruelty cases before to the Government vet in Larnaca and I must say they were great. Came out the same day AND reported back to me! The owners of the dogs were located and action was taken.

The lady at the Livas obviously knows the owner (if her hands are tied!) . ! will speak to her and get some information too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by die5-688335 - 8 years ago

God bless you!