DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dog Flea Treatment on Kitten - Accident

Posted by sianhennessy - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sianhennessy - 9 years ago

Thanks for your reply. He (Noel) weighs 1.36kg, I'm not sure how old he is as we found him on the beach on xmas eve. He was at the vet for antibiotics for sneezing/running eyes last week. This has since cleared up and he is due for his first vaccination tomorrow.
It was the 10-20kg dog treatment I gave him, but did rinse him immediately. It was about 4hrs ago now, and he seems ok - now cuddled up with my other cat, good appetite, been to the toilet and no diarrhoea, so hopefully alright. As I said, he is going to the vet tomorrow anyway so will get him fully checked over. Poor little guy....!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Flump-668600 - 9 years ago

You need to watch out for any untoward symptoms ie excessive salivating, breathing difficulties, collapse, seizures, vomiting, diarrhoea etc and contact a vet asap if any of these are seen. We have had numerous clients with this sort of accident but it doesn't contain permethrin. Here is a link to the manufacturer's data sheet:

http://www.prac-tic.com/products/en/index.shtml

I'm not sure how old your kitten is or how much he/she weighs so not sure exactly what proportion of overdose has been administered but if in doubt, phone your local vet for advice. Good luck and fingers crossed for you!