DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dog Swimming?

Posted by cbella_84 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ida-690469 - 9 years ago

Does anybody know if this restriction is valid for walking the dog along the coast, as well? I don't mean in the sand but on the pathway.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cbella_84 - 9 years ago

too bad,
 well thanks very much for letting me know - if you hear anything about swimming let me know. If i find out anything, i'll post a new message

Sorry no image available
Posted by jeannie-677960 - 9 years ago

Hi

I don't know if you have read the new posting on this forum re fenced in area for dogs but apparently the beach at Ayia Thekla is now closed for dog swimming due to the work on the new marina.

Sorry no image available

I think you'll find we are talking about the same beach - Ayia Thekla is next to Ayia Napa. I haven't heard of any more in this area.

Sorry no image available

Have just done some more research and discovered there is (or was) a dog beach in Ayia Napa!!! Does anyone know anything about this? I live in Limassol but am desperate to take my dog swimming at least once! Any info welcomed!!!

Sorry no image available

Hi,
 Thanks for the help!! I'm based in Limassol but am willing to drive a bit to get somewhere. It isn't often dogs get to experience any freedom here what with poisoning etc. so distance isn't a big problem. Although, the closer it is, the more often i can go. Will check it out as heard you can get a 200 euro fine if you r caught with a dog on certain beaches. Thanks :)

Sorry no image available

You didn't say where you are. There is a dog beach at Ayia Thekla, near the little church, where dogs are allowed in the sea. I haven't been for a while now and last time I went there was a lot of building work nearby and it was not so easy to get to but still possible. It might be worth checking with Sotira Council to see if it is still ok.