DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

flying my dog back to the uk

Posted by stuart-667877 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by seebee-678990 - 9 years ago

You can fly dogs from any airport in the UK to Cyprus, but at the present time there are only 4 animal reception centres in the UK that accept pets, these are Manchester, Heathrow, Gatwick and Doncaster. Suggest you contact Ladyhaye Travel in UK if you want your pet delivered from one of these airports to Scotland, they provide an excellent service.

Sorry no image available
Posted by maid marian-667424 - 9 years ago

We flew back our 3 dogs in May. We live in Scotland and we had to fly them to Manchester and collect them there. There was something in the newspapers here a few weeks ago saying you can now fly them into Bristol or there was another place but you CANNOT fly them to Scotland.

You can however arrange with the lovely people at Manchester to have someone drive them to their destination once they arrive in Manchester and ahve gone thru their checks.

Contact Petstop in Larnaca - Sharon - she did everything for us and was very reasonable. She will take the dog to the airport in Cyprus as well.

Good Luck. Very pleased to read that you are taking the dog back.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JCGX-689138 - 9 years ago

To my knowledge there is not an Animal Reception Centre in Newcastle you better check it out or receive a huge bill.

Sorry no image available
Posted by loulou01 - 9 years ago

You can fly into Newcastle aswell that would be closer for you

Sorry no image available
Posted by Flump-668600 - 9 years ago

My little dog from PARC flew from Paphos to Pets On Jets at Manchester Airport in September (if that's the futhest north you can get) and they were absolutely brilliant - would thoroughly recommend them. their website is www.petsonjets.com for all their contact information, frequently asked questions etc. Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by helen13-662685 - 9 years ago

You can fly dogs out from many airports as you do not need the reception centre to export a dog but there has to be a reception centre to import into the Uk

Helen

Sorry no image available
Posted by JCGX-689138 - 9 years ago

Sorry but there is no Animal Reception Centre in Scotland. You have to go via south.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nigel Howarth - 9 years ago

Hi Stuart,

The vet near me has an animal export service - drop me an email if you want his contact details. You'll need to have all the proper paperwork and there are many UK airports that accept animals.

Regards,

Sorry no image available
Posted by shedsandfencing - 9 years ago

hi,

when i flew a dog over, it was through thomson's it was from glasgow to paphos, so i would imagine that they will do it in reverse paphos to glasgow. get the phone number and do it yourself direct, look in there website for the CARGO number,

good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by helen13-662685 - 9 years ago

Dogs have to fly into an airport with an Animal Reception Centre. The closest North you will get is Manchester