DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free to good home- cross Husky&German Shepherd

Posted by christou.giorgos - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by like2shop - 8 years ago

Giorgos obviously you love your dog very much, so even if you have a limited amount of time to spend with her it doesn’t matter - she is being cared for and is in a loving home. Make some extra effort during the weekend that should make up for the hours you are gone during the week. Provide some toys for her which will keep her busy when you are not there. I know someone who leaves the radio on for their cats when they are not home. I saw a program where a dog use to make a mess in the house whenever his owner left so what he did was record his voice and left it playing while he was gone. They put a camera to watch the dog and he simply sat next to the radio and eventually fell asleep.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Billy10 - 8 years ago

Just a food for thought dear Giorgos: I believe she'd rather stay with you even if you don't have that much time to spend with her than to lose her home and the person she loves. At least that is what I thought when I brought my dog with me abroad and I have to work from morning until night. I don't know maybe I am wrong but I believed it was best for him and even though it's great hardship for me, there was no way I would have left him.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jojojojo-698765 - 8 years ago

Hi

I live by myself too....ask around in your village/area, thats how i found my lady (a dog lover who felt she couldn't care 24/7 for an animal) so the pay is not to bad. It's just a thought.

Sorry no image available
Posted by christou.giorgos - 8 years ago

jojojo the problem is that I live bymyself, no family yet, and unfortunately do not have enough to spend on a dog walker....

Sorry no image available
Posted by jojojojo-698765 - 8 years ago

Hi,

I had the same problem, but i found a cleaner/dog walker who came in for one hour a day walked/played with the dog and then did a spot of cleaning for me.....i found it the perfect answer....it maybe worth trying if it means your family can keep the dog.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Billy10 - 8 years ago

Contact the Pets2Adopt group. They will post it on their web site and Facebook page.

http://www.pets2adopt.com/

Send information and photos to cypruscm@cytanet.com.cy