DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help!Horse in Kataklysmos.

Posted by Natally-687150 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Natally-687150 - 8 years ago

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will try to report them but the problem is the guy with the horse are not there regularly and I do not know where I can find out who the owner is, the stable etc. Will not give up though ofcourse.

Thank you once again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GATA-675324 - 8 years ago

stellaluna hello again

with kiriacos we fight kazanti few years ago and they had stopped...we made big fight about it and send sepperate letters to goverment, mayor and newspapers...

but last year when i start going to kataklismos i saw this again in limassol and i am sooo upset...NOONE doing his job and waiting volunteers, petlovers or associations to fight to do the law...is soooo funny some times!! ts ts ts

send me kiriacos phone once i lost it and i have only yours pat

thank u

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

Natally

Connor is right. It is the DVO who is responsible under the 1994 Animal Welfare Law for fixing this situation. If he is reluctant, tell him you have reported it to Kivotos (pronounced kivoTOS) - that's us - and to the PerivalontisTES (the Green party). You should get some response then.

Get back to me if nothing happens after you reported it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

Hi Gata

Kyriacos stopped the Limassol kazanti some years ago. Whenever he saw animals he called the police and they came out. They stopped having animals. I guess it's started up again. How can one person keep on top of everything??

But the police know about it and should come it you call them. Mention Kivotos.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GATA-675324 - 8 years ago

this year as well in limassol was kazanti (lucky games) birds, fish, ducks, turtles and i have called the police AS EVERY YEAR to complain about it as civilien and as pets2adopt association they said that they will check it but i guess nothing happen once i still looking at ppl with pets on their hands...

also i saw the person in charge of health department of limassol mayor and i told him that i well and he didnt knew the law about kazanti and he said that he is checking the food in the festival...

of course goverment vet was NO RESPONDING...

we wrote as pets2adopt a letter to complain once again and we gave some solutions how to avoid it...hopefully we will have an answer and we will see next year...

Sorry no image available
Posted by connor-670505 - 8 years ago

If the number i gave you in the previous post is no longer valid then I should think any veterinary surgeon could provide you with the "Government District Veterinary Officers" details.

Sorry no image available
Posted by connor-670505 - 8 years ago

A few years ago I spotted a horse which was obviously not well cared for. I contacted the local Government Veterinary Officer who turned out promptly and dealt with the situation very efficiently. The Officer in question was very amenable and showed obvious concern for the horse.

I cannot remember the his name, but his contact number at that time was 24.630276. This is a larnaca district number.

Today is a bank holiday so I'm not sure if anyone is in attendance at the district office, but it might be worth trying the number. The office is located near the Larnaca Fire Station and Orphanides Supermarket.