DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help With Dog transportation

Posted by kevtina-687074 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by honeybee-685185 - 8 years ago

UKBC stands for UK Based Civilians, they are normally UK nationals employed by a UK Govt contractor working on behalf of the MOD and on assignment overseas.
Think you are after the following details.

BARC (British Forces Animal Rehoming Centre) is a volunteer-run animalrehoming organisation and pets available for rehoming can be viewed on thewebsite. It does not take in stray dogs and cats but rather works specificallyto rehome cats and dogs that must be left behind when the owner leaves Cyprus.Advice on pet travel is available.

BARC (British Forces Animal Rehoming Centre)
At: Building 720, Norfolk Hill, Episkopi
Open: Monday to Saturday. 08:00-12:00
Tel: 2596 3733

Sorry no image available
Posted by ScattyAnnie - 8 years ago

Who are UKBC? I "googled" them and got the UK Boerboel Club - is that one and the same? Thanx

Sorry no image available
Posted by kevtina-687074 - 8 years ago

Thankyou for all your help, we mow have someone to collect me and the dogs. Just hope they are easy to get when we arrive!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Terrianne - 8 years ago

Hi when we bought our dogs over we got Barc British Animal Rescue centre, they are based in Episkopi Garrison and only work for the militry/ UKBC they have there own web sight so you could try them. They do pick up from airports, might be worth a try

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristineG-661182 - 8 years ago

Hi,

When we brought our 3 dogs over, we hired a large vehicle (people carrier), from one of the car hire companies, and all of them plus boxes and dogs fitted in. Might be worth comtemplating if no other choice. Hope goes ok - I know what a worrying time it can be to bring your 'best friends' over.

What are they?

Regards

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by failsworthexile - 8 years ago

Call Paul, Quick Shift 97782776,if he can't do it himself,maybe will know someone who can .Good Luck .