DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Is there a horse rescue centre near Limassol?

Posted by Rebecca21-694175 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JoHo-689100 - 8 years ago

Hi Sandra,

The donkey sanctuary is in Vouni. I can give you directions if you want, as I am a volunteer there. The phone number is 25945488. It is open every day from 10am - 4pm.

JoHo

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandra hunter-hughes - 8 years ago

Hello Rebecca,

Where is the donkey sanctuary and have you got the telephone number?

Thanks,

Sandra

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 8 years ago

I only knew about Paphiakos but I am happy to see a few more horse rescue places which I didnt know about. An avid horse rider friend mentioned that there is one near Larnaca or Protaras area too. Its good to know just in case someone needs to find a horse a home as you never know what can turn up one's doorstep these days.

Sorry no image available
Posted by annecollings - 8 years ago

Hi Rebecca

Drapia Farm, Kalavasos (half hr from limassol) has a couple of rescue horses I know for sure one old ex racehorse would love some tlc. If you are interested phone Marisa 99 437188.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rebecca21-694175 - 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. I have rung the donkey sanctuary and will start there doing a few mornings a week hopefully once my little girl is settled in nursery.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CMJG2010-694268 - 8 years ago

Hi

There is also riding for the disabled over at Epislopi. Sorry I don't have a contact number but I'm sure if you dig around you'll find a contact. It's good you want to help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by antmarc - 8 years ago

the only horse rescue center I know which is in Paphos. Papahiakos shelter rescues all kinds of animals and horses are one of them. I have seen the horse shelter and the horses seem pretty happy there too.

There is also a Donkey sanctuary but not sure if this is near Limassol or even something you would be interested in.