DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Just brought dog from UK to Cyprus

Posted by tammy123 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ScattyAnnie - 6 years ago

There isn't a cheaper way. If you want your dog, I'm afraid you have to pay.

It cost me 730pounds to bring my cat and dog over last year, and almost as much in vet fees the other end, but it was worth it!

I had no problems - as said before, as long as you've got all your paperwork in order, it's a doddle!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ronnys - 6 years ago

THIS IS A JOKE - SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE

My mum wants to travel with her dog to Cyprus from LONDON and she has been told that it will cost her about 600.00 pound

Please advise cheaper way

Sorry no image available
Posted by thisislondon - 9 years ago

The only problem I had it was because I came after office hours so we had to wait for the Vet in Nicosia to come as the customs officer refused to check the dogs papers were in order and didn't want to take the responsibility of letting my chihuahua go into the country. The vet just looked at it, sign the document and ask us to pay. She seemed to be pretty pissed she was sent all the way for a dog that had more than enough proof of health and vaccines. She told us it was ridiculous we had to wait for her as the papers were in order and he just needed to verify it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 9 years ago

also travelled from New York to London several years back with my cat without any problems.

Its all about the paperwork and the research one does to make sure their pet travels easy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 9 years ago

yup similar case here. I travelled from Heathrow to Larnaca via British Airways with my cat. A couple hundred pounds cheaper however as the obvious weight is different from a dog. As long as you have all the paper work with all the i's and t's crossed anyone can be assured their pet's travel will be handled swiftly and easy.