DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Kitten problem

Posted by thedon29 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pkb1 - 9 years ago

i think if you re read my post i do not say return the kitten to the shelter but to either return or contact the shelter.............if one kitten is sick then maybe more, it is wise to let them know in any event, as the poster says, he paid a lot of money to get a healthy animal, they should be informed if the baby is ill.

Sorry no image available
Posted by thedon29 - 9 years ago

Thanks to all of you again. Just to let you know, we paid 167 euros for all the injections, worming and the spaying which will take place in a few months. We didnt just take her away without anything done to her. Also, before we took her away, the vet confirmed she was healthy, otherwise, wouldnt of let us take her home!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by GATA-675324 - 9 years ago

to return the kitten or a cat or a dog on the shelter is NOT the solution once there they might NOT have the chance to live or get the attention they need to be well..

the kitten might need tin food and some vitamins and buy from a pharmacy or a vet sugar powder to add to the water...

also the kitten might need pill for the worms...and checkup from a vet...that the last is the best solution...

live the cat in a warm place with baby bear or a clock under the blanket, will feel safer more...

pets2adopt

Sorry no image available
Posted by B.Jakubik - 9 years ago

Hi

I have lots of cats at home and looked after many very small kittens. The best think to give to the kitten is the ROYAL CANNIN - BABY CAT dry food. All kittnes love it and ther is nothing better on the market. It provides the kitten with all necessary vitamines and boosts immune system. It is a bit expensive but it is the best and in no time you will have beautiful and healty cat. good luck

Barbara

Sorry no image available
Posted by pkb1 - 9 years ago

please let us know how she goes on

Pauline

Sorry no image available

Hi everyone. Quick update to my littlen kitten. I bought her 'Whiskas Junior Poultry in gravy' and she ate some. First time Ive seen her eat since we bought her home! Thanks to everyone for their replies and concerns. Regards...

Sorry no image available
Posted by CMJG2010-694268 - 9 years ago

Hi kittens definitely need soft kitten food more so when they have moved into a new enviroment. Do not give her ordinary milk it is very bad for their stomach. People wrongly think milk should be given to cats, it is the worse thing for their little stomachs. You can eventually ween her onto dry food. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HaraP - 9 years ago

There is special Kitten wet food that will provide her with the vitamins she needs, Whiskers also do a special Milk for kittens, but try not to give her too much milk, it's not that good for her stomach.

Hope she's ok

Sorry no image available

Thank you for your replies and concern. Ive been told to buy her 'wet' food. We will try this, if nothing happens, straight to the vet. . .

Sorry no image available
Posted by ade-661265 - 9 years ago

Please take her to a vet ,ASAP 8 weeks old i really don't think she should have dry food