DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

moving dogs back to uk

Posted by kevtina-687074 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mouse-701244 - 8 years ago

I too am taking 2 dogs back to the UK early next year. Does anyone have phone numbers for cargo departments/ or flights for Thomson. BA, Monarch, Thomas Cook in Cyprus? I am doing it all myself to save costs and have found out a lot from other postings on the anglo info site.

Sorry no image available
Posted by seebee-678990 - 8 years ago

Try phoning Ladyhaye Pet Travel in the UK, they can arrange it all from this end and the girl who works there is fantastic.

Phone Alison on 00441342832161, she will send you all the paperwork and you can take the dogs to Larnaca yourself, you will save a lot of money this way especially if they are bigger dogs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anna007 - 8 years ago

You can check with cargo and depends on your flight but they are very good and usually let you leave them a few hours before the flight unlike UK that takes them in the early hours of the morning and keep them hanging around.
Cyprus are very flexible but just make sure you have ALL things done as UK require, i.e. right sized box,correct numbers on forms and vets certificate in passport of tick and worm 24 hours before;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kevtina-687074 - 8 years ago

Thankyou anna, that is all very helpful, the dogs have there pet passports already so hoping that will make life alot easier.

I am worried about leaving dogs for along time as had to do that this way and one is very nervous so being able to check on them sounds fantastic, but surely you will have to eave them at cargo and go to the airport!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anna007 - 8 years ago

You can do it yourself and Larnaca cargo are very helpful. I have done it many times and it is cheaper and you can check on your dogs at all times. Be sure to put water in the containers as the airline handlers will not do this and it is vital to do from this end.
Heathrow are brilliant if in Animal reception area, so no worries there.
Please check that in Cyprus the dogs microchip numbers are correct on their paperwork, as once happened to someone I know whose dogs had to wait an extra six hours for confirmation by fax, from Cyprus that they had put wrong numbers on page.
There are people on the island who can do it but they tend to charge kenneling fees and their time on top.By doing it yourself just ask away at your vets and the veterinary services in Larnaca where they are very helpful. Elena is a lovely lady there and she can inform you as she speaks very good English and is educated.
All the best and I know your dogs will be so happy to get the cooler air!!
Good Luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by medangel - 8 years ago

Try thomson airlines x

Sorry no image available
Posted by kevtina-687074 - 8 years ago

Hi eveyone,

Thankyou for the replies, they need to fly from larnaca and need all stuff done this area.

Will try cyprus airways and bfield where is paws.
We have boxes and they are rabies protected

Sorry no image available
Posted by sfield1023 - 8 years ago

paws offer the same service

Sorry no image available
Posted by helen13-662685 - 8 years ago

Cyprus Airways go into the London Airports and you can book direct and do it all yourself. Ring their cargo department and have a chat

Helen

Sorry no image available
Posted by shenne11 - 8 years ago

Paphiakos very expensive though