DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Moving my Horse

Posted by ScattyAnnie - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by horsimous - 9 years ago

Hi I am arranging a trip for my Horse from Cyprus to UK in September. The company is called ETA and is UK based. Maybe it would tie in? The maximium cost for one horse is £3500 but is less the more horses go. They have been recommended to me by several people. £12000 is no way true. I knew someone who flew hers for £5500.

Sorry no image available
Posted by anemos - 9 years ago

completely agree thank you for spreading sane and wise advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by anemos - 9 years ago

please give him a complete full clip before you bring him ! i think the heat for a cob in Cyprus would be a shock!

Sorry no image available
Posted by missloselips - 9 years ago

HI Annie,

we are horsey pepole to but, i couldn't afford to bring my 4 horses over, and now im so glad i didn't its very difficult here.

just to get basic care for the horse no farriers no hay i know one girl who had to pay 1000 euros for a bail of hay. straw witch is very dusty the heat, the roads i wouldn't even dream of going on a hack very bad .very expensive the livery yards.

as im sure you have heard this before, please consider very careful before you diced . i see the hoses in the yards just stood in the heat and dust not grazing like they should be doing. the flies eat them alive i mean we get fly bite in the uk in summer but nothing like this there legs are such a mess.

im sorry but i am half Cypriot and i speak the lingo but still find it very difficult here and that's after 4 years.

good luck hunny with wot ever you decid. xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by delgirl-672977 - 9 years ago

have sent details to your personal email of who i used for transporting my horses to cyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by ScattyAnnie - 9 years ago

Thanks. I have spoken to them but don't think anyone is bringing one out at the moment. Anne

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmwads - 9 years ago

Try Happy Valley Horse club, Episkopi Garrison they have forces people with horse surely they would know the cheapest and best way. Good luck

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the reply! I live in Sunbury on Thames which is Jct 1 of the M3, close to the M25 and not too far from Heathrow airport. I'm moving him near Limassol. Which company did you use? Were they UK or Cypriot/Greek? Thanx Anne

Sorry no image available
Posted by delgirl-672977 - 9 years ago

hi annie

i moved my horses over from the uk 2 years ago, and was delighted with the company i use, where are you located in uk, and what part of cyprus are you moving to.

wait to hear from you, and hopefully can help you.

delise

Sorry no image available

Thanx for the advice - however I am moving over in May and he's scheduled to come over in October. The price I have been quoted is for a single horse - I just thought it would be nice to get a sharer. If I have to pay the £12,000 I will, I'm not going to leave him in the UK! Anne