DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Online jewellery to raise money for animals

Posted by TSte - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TSte - 8 years ago

I cannot give these charities the exposure I am offering unless I have their web addresses and permission to put them on my website. By placing leaflets about their cause in my parcels, I can give them exposure to a lot more people and some of them may make donations or adopt an animal. Seeing as no one has replied to any of my emails, I am going to begin investigating donating to other charities instead.

I have already made numerous donations to animal charities here as well as taking in and obtaining a pet passport for a stray cat here. I cannot volunteer as I have a full time job. I presume, since you feel you can judge my charitable efforts, you are making lots more effort than me. Well done you. Thanks for your little judgement of my activity - just what one needs on a monday morning.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tang-662317 - 8 years ago

Yes they are all VERY busy and remember those giving up their time and working for them are working voluntary and unpaid.

I would mention the Malcolm Cat Sanctuary - they have a website and they sell on eBay too. I am sure if you are going to contribute they would link to your site.

Depends really if your priority is exposure for your own website or helping the animals.

Remember lots of people help them and donate money for NO reward. Don't expect gratitude.

Sorry no image available

Hi catmeister

Sorry, I just got frustrated because I keep contacting charities and they never get back to you. However, I know they are busy. I guess I'll just wait for one of them to let me know what they've decided. At the moment, I have put up the link to Argos on my sites as I've made an indirect donation to them already.

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 8 years ago

if www.cva.com.cy is not appealing website for you to find the animal charity weblinks, I am sure if you google the names I gave you I am sure you will find the websites of charities in Cyprus.

Sorry no image available

I gave you quite a bit of information and a websight where you will find weblinks to various animal sanctuaries of Cyprus. No-one can force you to donate somewhere this is something you need to decide for yourself. You need to research whether you like the charity you are donating to, no-one can decide that for you.
I gave you some suggestions as you requested charities not just for dogs. Every penny helps to these charities even if its 20cents, 50cents or 100euros!

Sorry no image available

I think it is quite disappointing that everyone was racing to try to get my donations but then when they find out the donations will only be small amounts, no one's interested. I'd like to help animals in Cyprus but so far the charities here have been basically mercenary.

I'd have thought that every bit counts. Guess not.

Sorry no image available

Just tried to post them but it got deleted.

If anyone wants to know the sites, let me know and I will email them to you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kevtina-687074 - 8 years ago

Hi

have read your ad and i have found nowhere on it of your web sites i am very interested in looking at your jewelry please could you post

thankyou

Tina

Sorry no image available

Hi

Thanks for the info! My sales don't generate masses of money but I think that the publicity opportunity for the charities could help. I would ideally like to send out a letter or pamphlet with info about the charity and details of how to donate or adopt an animal. If just one customer somewhere decides to make a donation, it'll be worth it.

I have already made a donation to a woman who works at Argos animal shelter but I am happy to split donations.

The only thing is, I need a charity with a website that I can put on my online shops. That way, people know that the money is actually going somewhere. It would also be useful to be given a link on the charities site too.

I'll investigate the charities you have mentioned and see if they have websites.

Sorry no image available

Hi. What a wonderful thing to do!

Have you thought of splitting the donation among several animal charities? There are so many animal shelters in Cyprus in desperate need of funds.
If you are interested I can give you a list of the sanctuaries and their contact details. Alternatively you can go to www.cva.com.cy and there is a list with web links of many of the animal charities in Cyprus.

My suggestion would be to donate directly to the animal sanctuaries.

Argos sanctuary has both dogs and cats.

Paphiakos has a number of different animals, cats, dogs, donkeys, horses, goats, (I think a lama too)

I saw you are interested in perhaps donating to cats, I am a volunteer at Malcolm's Cat Sanctuary in Akrotiri. They do wonderful work there. I can put you in touch with the people there.

If you need any more info I would be happy to help.

All the best