DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pet sitting?

Posted by AlexandraV - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pet People - 9 years ago

Hi Clare,

Yes we offer Pet Sitting.

I am not sure if it will be breaking the rules to give you our number so I will send you an e-mail.

We also have a classified advertisement on this site where you could also find our number.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Phoebe-685310 - 9 years ago

Hi Pet People,

Do you still pet sit? if so where are you based and can i have a contact number.

Many thanks.

Clare.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AlexandraV - 9 years ago

Well yes my dog is very friendly she wouldnt even hurt a fly .. she would probably lick you to death. Well as i said i think you are right whereas the animals should have a garden and i dont... so i think i will leave it until i move house with a nice garden as i am considering it, and i love animals so much :) But thank you so much for helping me out with all the info !! xx

Sorry no image available

Hey,

Just to make it clear I'd never wish to discourage anyone from Pet Sitting.

As Samoyed's are generally extremely friendly (though obviously not all) you should have no problems. However you can imagine how a customer would feel if they came to visit your home to bring their small puppy and saw your Samoyed!

Obviously you could hide your Samoyed or keep it from the customer however this is something we were strongly against and did not allow.

The best tip I can probably give you for starting a Pet Sitting business is always visit the owner of the animal at their home. Never at a near by park, coffee shop etc. Pet Sitters are often faced with owners abandoning their pets for this very reason.

Sorry no image available

Hey again

Well from what you said to me before, you really do need a garden to petsit and your are right. I dont have a garden i just a have a verandah which for me is ok to have any type of dog as long as you take your dogs for enough walks. So i probably wont go into petsitting until i have moved into a house with a garden which hopefully will be soon. my dog is samoyed so pretty big heh :)

Sorry no image available

I forgot to ask, what breed is your dog as that may play a part?

Sorry no image available

Hey Again,

We had customers that were OK with the Pet Sitters having their own pets however some others were not.

The customer usually wanted to see the Pet Sitters home and this was usually suggested and encouraged.

Do you have a ground floor apartment? I would not suggest becoming a Pet Sitter with no garden. This was not a requirement on our side as a company however many customers simply did not want Pet Sitters without a garden.

Sorry no image available

Hey thank you so much for letting me know, well i wasnt too sure thats why. I was thinking to pet sit for smaller dogs as i live in an appartment and i also have a dog of my own so it would be nice for her aswell,i currently work in a veterinary clinic and im also taking courses in first aid for animals so i suppose this is ok for me to start a business. will have to think about it properly. thank you for help :)

Sorry no image available

Hi AlexandraV,
We ran a Pet Sitting business in the UK and I would say the only thing we asked for was a CRB check (Police check) and animal first aid knowledge.
I'm not sure if you're asking this on the side of a customer or a pet sitter though.