DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Please Help Shipping Dogs To Cyprus

Posted by kevtina-687074 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by PillePann - 9 years ago

Hi,

the best is to write an e-mail to animal.health@vs.moa.gov.cy , i did that and ask them about the requirements from UK to Cyprus.

I do not write the hungarian ones as they might be different. You will need to tell them later on also 72-48 h before the arrival which flight you and the dogs take and the owners name. When you arrive, the pet passport needs to be checked by the custom officer on duty.

Its really easy if all vaccinations and papers are fine. Just ask them in an e-mail about the requirements.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kevtina-687074 - 9 years ago

Hi Chris thankyou for the reply, where abouts are you based.

Our email is kevvigar@yahoo.co.uk

look forward to hearing from you soon

tina and kev

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristineG-661182 - 9 years ago

Hi,

We moved our dogs from UK to Cyprus ourselves three years ago. It is VERY easy to do yourself and much less stressful as they travelled on the same flight as us and were in our car leaving Larnaca airport within an hour of landing. We got all the passports done for them, plus the 24 hour before travel checks done by our vet, bought the boxes we needed, (the airline will advise you of sizes etc), booked them on a BA flight and delivered them to them 3 hours before the flight whilst we went to check in ourselves. If you are in Cyprus next week please feel free to give us a ring and we can give you more info (99284763).

Hope this helps

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by mevalin - 9 years ago

I have sent you an email with some info but as I didn't bring my dogs here directly from the UK don't think I can help much. Your vet will tell you all you need to know about getting the Pets Passport which is all you need coming from one EU country to another. It was different when I left the UK 7 years ago. Defra can also supply the info you need. BA and CYAIR both take dogs (CYAIR take up to 4, BA probably only 2, need to check). With the Passport you should not need to pay inspection fees this end but there are small cargo/customs charges. Hope someone knows more and it works out for you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kevtina-687074 - 9 years ago

the uk yhe south

Sorry no image available
Posted by mevalin - 9 years ago

Where are you coming from?