DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

rabies jabs for cats

Posted by cyeye07 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyeye07 - 9 years ago

Hi all

thanks for all your responses they are very interesting and yes I do wish my cat actually knew how lucky he was lol

warm regards

cyeye07

Sorry no image available
Posted by CoupeBabe - 9 years ago

Leukaemia vacccine is optional both in the UK & in Cyprus. I think it is more often done in the UK than here - a Cyprus cat who gets any jab is a lucky cat indeed, let alone for leukaemia as well !!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by CMJG2010-694268 - 9 years ago

Hi

I know of a cat that came from England to Cyprus. It had stated in the vet passport next vaccination 3 years. This passport was accepted back into the UK as the cat was returned within the three years. If you have a proper stamped UK Vet Passport that states when the new injection is needed you can travel within than time without having to go through the process again. There are rabies vaccines for more than a year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 9 years ago

yes you need this every year. I always give my cats their annual jabs along with their usual health check-up. sending you a private message with contact details...

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyeye07 - 9 years ago

Hi

Thanks for your reply, i would be grateful for the advice of someone that knows and dosent ruin my cat passport or subscibe to over dosing my cat of vacine in this matter.

also do you know if the cats here require lukemia vacination as in the uk my vet said it was pretty standard over there but no cy vet has ever mentioned it to me on my dealings with them?

regards

cyeye07

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 9 years ago

I dont know about the 3 year thing. But I know USA and UK have rabbies vaccines that last for two years. I can give you the contact details about a vet who practises "modern" veterinary medicines here and you can speak to them about this.