DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Semi-feral cat bitten for the second time in weeks

Posted by pdobbo - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pdobbo - 8 years ago

Strangely enough, she was one of two cats, or other cat (a part-blind siamese cross) has undergone a personality change since the biter has gone. Within 48 hours of the other cat going to live at the stables, the change in her was amazing, she now plays more, runs around the room like a kitten etc (even if she does bang into the sofa), ..do cats "bully" each other I wonder because I wasn't aware of any real interaction between them before?

Sorry no image available

Within 24 hours of the bite I developed cellulitis of the arm, which resulted in a visit to the Dr (as it was extremely painful and spreading fast) where I had a tetanus jab and heavy duty antibiotics for a week. The wound is still angry and swollen one week later.
As I stated, this cat bit me (for the second time in months) without provocation or warning. She had also swiped at my husband as he walked past her (she was sat on the wall) and drew blood on his arm. We have had her for four years (a neighbour found her injured in the road and asked us to foster her as they were allergic to cats) and while she has never been a "cuddly" cat, she never used to attack.
I have toddler grandchildren and am not prepared for them to get hurt. The cat is now happily chasing rats and mice at my daughter's stables (we sent a "beware of the cat" sign with her:-) If we couldn't have safely re-homed her, I would have asked Paphiakos for advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackiemou@live.com - 8 years ago

dont mess around with children, get rid of it...fast

Sorry no image available
Posted by CMJG2010-694268 - 8 years ago

What will you do with her once she is caught? We had a semi feral cat who bit and drew blood more than once and lived with us for 13 years. You give them space and respect.

Sorry no image available
Posted by junemichael - 8 years ago

What are you going to do with her then?

Sorry no image available

Cat trap on its way now.

Sorry no image available

PS she is one of 2 cats, and has no reason to feel "threatened"