DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Shipping small dog to the UK

Posted by JJMally-687816 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJMally-687816 - 8 years ago

Thanks for all your help. She has her first injection next wednesday 25th August.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jennygee-676884 - 8 years ago

There is someone at Happy Valley vet practice Kolossi, who organises pets transport all over the world.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJMally-687816 - 8 years ago

I live in Erimi, Limassol and do not have any transport.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

Why not phone Paphiakos? They have one woman there and that's all she does - arrange dogs' flights all over the world. You could ask about costs too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by shenne11 - 8 years ago

it takes a minimum of 7 months for the passport. You have to get the dog vaccinated against rabies (most vets will do this, around 30 euros). Then 30 days later the dog will have a blood test to see that the vaccination has worked. It is 6 months from the date of the blood test that the animal can fly. The passport will be issued by the vet when the results of the blood test is back. No, you cannot fly an animal into an airport further north than Manchester. Someone will have to pick you up from the airport or hire a car.
The cost depends on whether or not you organise everything yourself or you get someone to do it. You're looking at 700-1000 euros.

Sorry no image available
Posted by steffnixon - 8 years ago

just to add only gatwick, heathrow, doncaster and manchester can take animals flying in. i understand your concerns about being nearer home - i will be travelling with 2 young children and we have to get from gatwick to belfast with our dog so trying to figure that out now. (belfast are not part of the pet travel scheme :() good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by steffnixon - 8 years ago

It takes roughly 6 months for the proces of getting a pet passport. we're getting ours with happy valley vets. they are very efficient. pm for more info. are you returning to uk?