DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Small Golden type Labrador seen Ladies Mile, L'sol

Posted by genypha - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by genypha - 9 years ago

Good news, and thanks to this Forum, Evie has now been re-homed with a lovely lady from Paphos. Mum and Evie are doing well!!

Sorry no image available

We took 'Evie' out of the police station as she was being kept in appalling conditions. If the police accepted her for the two days she was in there, then it was their responsibility to take care of her, i.e. not put a hunting dog in the same pen who'd obviously terrorised her, and clean up the 18 piles of faeces on the floor. She is now with us awaiting to be re-homed.

Sorry no image available

Thank you Helen for your input. We are going to see her at the police station this morning and will discuss what steps to take next.

Sorry no image available
Posted by helen13-662685 - 9 years ago

I am not sure who told you about the animal shelter at Akrotiri as there is no such place. Dogs taken into the police station in Akrotiri if not claimed after three days are taken to be euthanised

BARC rehoming Centre on Epi camp do have six places for rehomers and try to take if there is space but they have been constantly full most of the year. Many local people think that dogs from the SBA police automatically go into BARC and that is not the case

A small group of individuals try to foster small dogs from the the police station and ocassionally I will take one to Sirius when they have space but otherwise sadly there is no hope for these dogs

Helen

Sorry no image available

We've taken her to the Police Station at Akrotiri. She will remain there until Monday 4th January after which she will be transferred to the animal shelter at Akrotiri. She is such a lovely dog and must be sorely missed by her previous owners? Please, if anyone can help her, she deserves rehoming if she's not claimed.