DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Transporting a dog from Cyprus to UK

Posted by MariaEph320 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MariaEph320 - 8 years ago

Thanks folks. I will pass on your advice to my friend. 

Maria 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Billy10 - 8 years ago

The price they've been quoted is ridiculously high if it's just for the air transport. I have brought my 20 kilo (including cage) dog to Belgium with Cyprus Airways 2 years ago and i paid around 350 euro and later I found out that this airline is very expensive. A friend just brought a poodle like yours to Cyprus and then back to Brussels with Thomas Cook for only 50 Euro fixed rate each leg of the journey no matter what was the weight of the animal. Also i know that other airlines charge around the same as Thomas Cook ( e.g. Air Berlin 40 euro fixed rate independent of weight). I am glad that they want to take the dog with them and they shouldn't let whoever tries to rip them off, to stop them from doing so.

Sorry no image available
Posted by maid marian-667424 - 8 years ago

We flew 3 dogs from Cyprus to Manchester one year ago for £1500 total. That included one week in the kennels, Lady taking them to the vet before they left, taking them to the airport and waiting with them until they were ready to board, their cages all new etc.

We used Petstop at Larnaca and she used Cyprus Airways to transport them. We then picked them up from Manchester and we returned to Scotland. The quote you ahve received seems extremely high.

Good Luck and well done for wanting to take the dog with you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MariaEph320 - 8 years ago

Thanks very much.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sianhennessy - 8 years ago

Contact Thomson Airways directly, not through any agents. Search for 'ANA Aviation' in google - they are part of Thomson. flew our dog (UK - Cyprus) with them