DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

www.luckyappeal.com

Posted by andreavick - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by M9VRK - 7 years ago

Thank you for the update, my heart goes out to you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by andreavick - 7 years ago

Hi Everyone, I thought everyone was aware of what happened to Lucky so I was surprised when I received an email showing that there had been a response on this topic. We were initially told that Lucky had cast but a few weeks following his death we found out that this was not the case. Apparently he was kicked by another horse at the stables and we were misfed lies. We had no choice but to have him put to sleep as to save him would have cost in excess of £10000 and it was not guaranteed that any surgery would have been successful. He lives with us now, albeit in a cask, and he will never be forgotten. It is coming up to a year now since his tragic end and we miss him every day. He was loving life in his new paddock in the Uk and all of the fuss that was being made of him. We will never forgive the people who A)Played a part in his mistreatment in Cyprus and B)Those whose neglect caused his death at the stables in the Uk. It should never have happened and we have since learned that the stables have now closed down!

He has left a void that will never be filled but we know that he died knowing he was loved.

We are still very grateful to the people involved in helping to get Lucky to the Uk, it's just a pity that he was not here long enough for you to see him.

We are missing Cyprus hence the reason why we do not visit the forums as it brings it all back!!!!

Thanks to you all,

Andrea x

Sorry no image available
Posted by Orton - 7 years ago

Andrea and Kevin got Lucky back to UK. He had settled well at a stables in Lancashire, but sadly in September got cast in his stable. He thrashed about so much that he broke his front leg.

When told that treatment couldn't be guaranteed to be succesful, Kevin took the decision to have Lucky put to sleep.

This horse touched the heart of everyone that met him.

Sorry no image available
Posted by M9VRK - 7 years ago

Hi

can someone please tell me what eventually happened with Lucky, ive followed this story since i caught a glimpse of it while looking for horse riding and i cant see if it all worked out or not?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by GATA-675324 - 8 years ago

i have read it!

so nice that ppl do care around us around the world!! hope with this post in uk to help even more lucke to go to his home. i havent met lucky (i will soon when i will bring the money from pets2adopt) and i everytime i see that ppl are donating i feel so sensitive that i want to cry...i am sooo happy for him...and i will try to have all the news from him from the travelling and his new home to post it on my website so ppl can see how their efford to help end up!!! :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by andreavick - 8 years ago

Thankyou Christiana. Lucky is in the lancashire evening post today www.lep.co.uk take a look under community and you will see him

Sorry no image available
Posted by GATA-675324 - 8 years ago

andrea and kevin

as u already know pets2adopt association is with you and try to help u with anyway..plus the money for the vet bill we already told u and promise you...

if the ppl dont want to make a donation even 5 euro each then...we will arrange an event to collect money only for lucky!! if we have to...we wont let him die or stay back in cyprus once he already found a lovely family that is fighting for him for a year!!!

thank u for caring so much for him, keep the good work with animals

pets2adopt

Sorry no image available
Posted by andreavick - 8 years ago

Thankyou. So far we have raised €1066 so we need to keep the appeal running until we reach the target.

Sorry no image available
Posted by die5-688335 - 8 years ago

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!