DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Footie for girls?

Posted by mayaroo - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mayaroo - 9 years ago

OK, thanks a lot!
MR

Sorry no image available
Posted by Niknak-689648 - 9 years ago

Another thought - the Heritage School has girl's football training one afternoon which I think is open to kids outside the school.
The rugby website is www.minicrusaders.com if your daughter wants to take a look.

Sorry no image available

Hmmm. I suggested it, but met with zero enthusiasm...maybe in a parallel universe
thanks for your reply, anyway - good luck with the rugby teams
MR

Sorry no image available
Posted by Niknak-689648 - 9 years ago

My husband started and ran the Parekklisia Pumas girl's football but after lack of support from the Municipality and lack of players (many Cypriots do not agree with girls laying football) he decided to end it last season - sorry.
There is a girl's team in the Apollon football group and a large one in Paphos called the Pahos Tigers.

How about rugby?  He now trains Minicru and Colts kids and teen rugby in Limassol, girls and boys.  It's growing rapidly and they have great fun.

Sorry no image available

parekklisia would be good - not far from us
cheers
MR

Sorry no image available

that would be much appreciated - thanks :)
mayaroo

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian-mary - 9 years ago

Im sure parakklisia has a girls football team , i dont know what ages they start at but im sure someone else on the forum will let you know

good luck ian

Sorry no image available
Posted by middlesbroughfc-Nik09- - 9 years ago

hi well their is actually quite a few womens teams around am not sure about the ones in limassol(their defonatly is one). if you like i could call the cyprus football assosiation and give you some info.