DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Travel to Africa

Posted by joana-673934 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by joana-673934 - 7 years ago

Gill,

I don't have any telephone number, sorry! You don't need appointment, just walk in. The cost was 30 - 40 eur... something like that.

If you need malaria pills, try the natural way, like B1 vitamin, mosquito repellent, long sleeves!

Sorry no image available
Posted by irlanda-672549 - 7 years ago

Thanks Joana

I assume they still run an out patient clinic there as I believe the main hospital was closed several years ago and moved out of the city. You wouldn't happen to have a telephone number for the clinic? Did you make an appointment or just walk in?

Thanks

Gill

Sorry no image available
Posted by joana-673934 - 7 years ago

Hi Irlanda!

Yes, I got the yellow fever vaccin and certification at Old Nicosia Hospital. I don't know the name of the street but is in downtown. It's a big roundabout close to Archaeologic museum. Try to do it at least one month before departure. :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by irlanda-672549 - 7 years ago

hi Joana

Did you ever find out if it's possible to get the yellow fever vaccination in Cyprus? I too am travelling to Africa and need to get it but don't know where to go to get it in Cyprus!

What did you do in the end?

thanks

gill

Sorry no image available
Posted by kciseddoh - 8 years ago

I think the Govt hospitals do vaccinations !!! like everything in Cyprus, it will be easier if you go to your GP and ask him for a prescription get your pharmasist to order for you, then take it back to the GP to do the vaccination.

I will suggest you try the hospitals first and its likey to be free there

Sorry no image available
Posted by joana-673934 - 8 years ago

I don't have. And I don't know where can I take one, here, either. :(

Sorry no image available

Hi Joana,

Yes, Tanzania is on the list of countries which you are required to have yellow fever before travelling. If you have had the vaccination before then it is valid for 10 years.

See link below for more information.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Yellow-fever/Pages/Facts.aspx

Sorry no image available

Thank you, kciseddoh!

One more question: Yellow fever vaccine is necessary?

Sorry no image available

Hello Joan

I use to run a travel clinics in the U.K and happens to travel to Africa alot. I tried to get malarone for my last trip here in Cyprus but was reliably informed they don't import malarone to Cyprus.

Not sure if you are aware, but you can use Lariam or doxycycline 100mg capsules as a replacement. Lariam could only be obtain from the Gov't run hospital and doxycyline capsules are readly available at most pharmacy shops.

You can also purchase malrone from chemist direct on the Internet, but you will need a valid prescription to do that.

Hope this helps !

Sorry no image available

I would like to go to Tanzania. Malarone is anti malarial drug.