DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Troodos Route's and Places to Visit

Posted by patcon - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by patcon - 8 years ago

Hi Again cyprustk,

Thankyou againf for your advice and information most welcome....Regards Patcon

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by patcon - 8 years ago

Hi cyprustk...thank you so much for your prompt reply.I will print it off for my daughter and son in law and add it to the maps I have ready for them. My wife and I have been to Troodos a few times but the more information they can get, the better... Thank you again....please add any information you think might help Regards Patcon

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprustk - 8 years ago

If you would like to travel from Larnaca to the mountains through Limassol it would be nice to visit Trimiklini on the way to Platres and Troodos.
Is a nice place with traditional restaraunts selling "glyko tou koutaliou", Cyprus sweets. Also there is an old church there of the Virgin Mary.
Furthermore on your way to Platres before you enter the village turn left towards Omodos which is the wilage of the wine as they call it. You can visit also the famous church of the Holy Cross and walk on the traditional alleys. You can see the old traditional houses, how they make the wine and have a free wine tasting,
If you want you can also visit Platres and have a nice lunch in the village, as the Cypriots say about the village that "The birds singing don't let you sleep in Platres" because the only "noise" you hear there is of the birds:) From Platres you can visit the various waterfalls that are around and also go to Troodos which is the last part that you can visit up in the mountains.

If you travel from Larnaca to the mountains though, through Nicosia you can visit Kakopetria or Agros which are really nice places.
In Agros you can see how they make rose water, rose candles and many other things by roses.

B&B places I can recommend some that are there but it depends where you would like to stay.

I hope I helped you a bit!!