DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

1000 bikes in Rennes

Posted by HAF-443346 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by 001sugarplum - 3 years ago

Good for you Rudge - I have biker friends around north Finistere who have set up a protesting FB page (in French obviously but a couple of them speak a little English)  If you are interested I can supply a link.

If I find anything at all in English I will post it up. Unfortunately the laws that are being proposed do severly restrict the liberty  of 2 wheeled motor-vehical users and owners. most of them are fairly rediculous too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

Sadly, my French is very poor, but with the help of translation programmes and dictionary I am now more aware of some of the issues , like many governments, whose officials drive around, or are driven, in large cars they have no real understanding that 2 wheels are the solution to traffic congestion and pollution in most cases . The  vulnerability of two wheel riders has also been an issue with officialdom, sadly most accidents are caused  by cars , like the UK,  driver education is a help but never a total solution. In cities there are just too many cars causing congestion.

Now that I am older and wiser, I will support groups fighting against the proposed legislation, I have been riding motorcycles , old and modern for 50 years now and object to any restrictions on my 2 wheel freedom.

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashore-10052757 - 3 years ago

I put up the BCF link thinking that OP might join that forum and find out more. He seems to be one of those people who want to be fed information. There are a huge number of issues affecting bikers that the FFMC and others are protesting about, older bikes entering cities on pollution grounds, a reduction of the national speed limit to 80km/h and the removal or not of the current 106BHP limit next January being three of the most important at the moment.

Sorry no image available

Other bike issues are:

CTs This time the suggestion is to make compulsory a one off CT when selling a bike.

Gloves to be compulsory 

Compulsory fluoro jackets etc... 

The main issue I feel is that we can be as bright and dayglow larey as possible but if a car driver doesn't look up from texting it won't make a damned bit of difference.

Sorry no image available

more here

http://www.motomag.com/Interdiction-des-motos-et-scooters-Paris-enfonce-le-clou.html#.VhvMASzouYE

I guess Segolene Royale isn't a two wheel fan.

Incidently, this has been talked about on French news sites for quite a while now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HAF-443346 - 3 years ago

Here was a thousand in Rennes but this was happening all over France, 15000 in Paris.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Thanks very much for the link.  Now those of us who don't have "common knowledge" can find out.

Banning older two wheelers from cities?  I guess that will make more room for the 4x4 brigade.

Sorry no image available

The new rules coming in are common knowledge to 10000s of bikers nationwide.

Lots of info on this site http://www.moto-net.com/breve.php?RefBreve=10378

I believe last weekend's manifestation was to protest at the new law banning 2 wheeled vehicals older than 2000 from entering the major cities.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

I thank people for the comments, but I still have no idea what the new and proposed legislation is , I ride a bike on many days of the week for transport and really feel that I should not need to join an organisation  to find out . The legislation must be common knowledge to many ???? iif a  1000 bikers join in one Rally about it !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

I would hope it would be easier to find out info than have to pay to join a bikers association first.  I no longer ride but would support them if I knew what it was about.  So would non-bikers I would assume.