DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any Citroen 2CV experts out there?

Posted by Bessiebike - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bessiebike - 3 years ago

Hi. Yes, it's in really good condition for the year. Paintwork is flat and there is some filler around the lower areas. Mechanically, it's brilliant apart from that annoying knocking. Galvanised chassis, so under floor its really good. Starts on the button every time, gearbox fantastic, canvas roof 100%. Mot till May next year. Drove it from Hastings to here in Melrand - never missed a beat! Used every day!  Love it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by le chef - 3 years ago

I'm not sure there is a market herein France for RHD UK reg 2cvs as the french are not interested in the rigarmarole and ending up with a RHD car. but it is simple enough to re-register and make it viable for a British buyer. Value is according to lots of variables, top condition are fetching up to £12,000Gbp down to £1000 /£2000 for a  runner,

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

Hi Bessiebike, I have restored several 2cvs naturally a RHD car is worth considerably less here as in general the French don't like them, having said that there is a market but it very much depends on  condition and how realistic you are likely to be with your valuation, what are all the usual rust places including floor panels like, is it mechanically sound, would it go through a CT etc,  what do you think it's worth?

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the post. What do you reckon a 1987 sunrise red, RHD, English registered, might be worth here - 96000 miles. Has galvanised chassis. Cheers, Rob

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

Sabac15.  I will very shortly be selling a very nice 2cv dolly red and white French registered only one previous owner from new, it will be priced to sell so if interested email me and I will be pleased to send details and pictures.

Sorry no image available

Great, thanks. The wheels are definitely rusty on the inside - have have to put tubes in 2 of them. Sounds likely - maybe I will swap them around??

Sorry no image available

It could be rusty front inner wheel rims, they de laminate sometimes and cause a knocking on the king pin housing. There is Peter Fosselius in Méneac 56 google" The 2CV Viking"

Sorry no image available

It could be rusty front inner wheel rims, they de laminate sometimes and cause a knocking on the king pin housing. There is Peter Fosselius in Méneac 56 google" The 2CV Viking"

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Don't know what's wrong with your 2cv,but I am jealous,you are lucky to own my favorite car.sabc15.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that. Not sure my French is up to explaining that! Any English speaking ones around?