DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any Citroen C5 owners?

Posted by JohnP-390097 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

Tizzler is spot on, steering is vague and it has the turning circle of a super tanker, also sorry to say the electronics are terrible, I'm sure there are people that have had no problems but in general it doesn't seem a good buy, I would take heed of the reviews,   I have to admit I liked  the look of the C5 and considered it when I changed my car, but having looked into it and spoken to owners I am pleased that I left it alone, but hey it's your choice.   Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

Thank you for your comments so far. I have read about the flywheel and associated clutch problems but I figure that buying a 10 year old vehicle with probably 200K on the clock, the flywheel would have been changed for the modified one, if not, it would seem not to be a problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by napo - 3 years ago

Make sure the dual mass flywheel has been changed massive problems with these failing. Once changed for an upgraded dmf .good car

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tizzler - 3 years ago

I had one for about 6 months back in the UK last year. I didn't like it for various reasons. It was comfortable on motorway journeys, but the rest of the time I thought it was pretty poor. In supermarket car parks it was a nightmare, very long with an incredibly bad turning circle. On B roads I felt entirely disconnected from what was happening, the steering was vague, the comfortable suspension was 'floaty' for want of a better expression and the windscreen pillars always seemed to be in the way of what I wanted to see when going around bends etc. For a big car I didn't seem to be able to get any more in it than I could in my old Volvo 850 which was far more compact and manouverable. I'm also not really a fan of too many automatic things (wipers, light etc) or warnings every 5 minutes that I need to put fuel in or something needs attention. I have a 10 year old VW Passat estate now which I'm very happy with.....I still miss my Volvo though