DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

cam-belt

Posted by phlophf-409902 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 3 years ago

Thanks all for you imput...much appreciated..good suggestions there.... I will check them all out

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

Where are you? Difficult to recommend if we dont know your location.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ohmygiddyaunt - 3 years ago

try Edward he's a mechanic near Silfiac , 0606491248 or 0297516053 . did a good job for me a while back ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by jon1527-382280 - 3 years ago

Yes I agree with XLR, unfortunatly its a job that can`t be ignored as many find to their cost.

A lot of older but very good cars are scrapped because of belt failure/engine damage!

Same applies to clutch fitting on some models- cost far outways the car value.

Sorry no image available
Posted by XLR - 3 years ago

Hi, yes 500 sounds about right (depending on the car it can be a lot more, an engine out job on some Fiat group cars for example). A good garage will also change the waterpump and the cambelt tensioner at the same time and this was likely part of the quote you received.

If you are anywhere near Naizin (a little south east of Pontivy) I would recommend Garage Le Fresne, part of the Top Garage group. The owner Jon is a friend who has worked on many of my cars, I'd be happy to send family and friends to him.

The cambelt is a fairly long job, so you'll need to leave the car in for most of a day, or overnight. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Sadly, that is probably about right, but keep looking.  You might strike lucky.