DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

car alarms on brittany ferries

Posted by mortimer29 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pank104 - 3 years ago

Perhaps the vehicle owners should be fined for causing a disturbance to the comfort of other passengers.  How do the pets in cars cope, unfamiliar surroundings, further stressed by the sound of car alarms going off.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

Lylyp, my Megane has a key within the card but it is not necessary to use it as part of the process to de-activate the alarm, I fact, you can't use it to do so.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LilyP - 3 years ago

Does your Megane not have a key which detaches off the end of the card? My Megane has one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

Burt, my Megane has a card not a key but the instructions are in the handbook.  If they are not in yours contact Renault or Google it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stumpy2733 - 3 years ago

I wonder if these are the same people who insist on starting their motors as soon as they get back in their vehicles. Despite being told not to. Very unpleasant when travelling by motorbike and you are breathing in all the fumes when the unloading door hasn't even been opened!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Burt Lancaster - 3 years ago

just to add mine's a replacement key thing, doesn't have the detatchable bit. Cost the earth from Renault as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Burt Lancaster - 3 years ago

a renault Laguna doesn't have a key as such, it's just the card fob.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 3 years ago

Use the key to lock the vehicle not the key fob

The vehicle alarm will be activated in case of forced entry, so the car and contents are still protected - but the motion detector (that's what triggers the alarm when it senses the movement of the boat) will be inactive.

Unlock the car after your journey using the key fob as usual.

Basic stuff, thought everyone knew it. Clearly not.

So, maybe tell everyone you know. Might help a few ferry travellers get a decent nights sleep because of it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 3 years ago

Nell p is right I once had a car that suffered by motion or similar.. a modern car .. so I contacted the dealer Citroen and they told me how to disable this part and how to re-enable

easy C2

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

"Just another case of people not giving two hoots to anyone else;"

If it was just two hoots, it wouldn't be so bad. It's the fact that the hoots go on and on and on and on and on...