DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car Auctions

Posted by wild at 60 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

Spot on Fazabelle

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fazabelle56 - 3 years ago

Would a guarantee on a car bought from a auction be as usefull as a chocolate fire guard?

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

I know where Nantes is I just don't know how to type ! I meant Rouen but couldn't remember when I was posting .A guarantee can be bought as an extra ,with options for how long you want the cover .As I said we bought a high speck car with low klms and just 18 months old for a good price .

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

Maitre Guignard who runs VP auctions is associated with Rennes and Nantes , so you would be effectivly buying from the same man, he is also present at each sale . its nearly all hire cars , company cars , leasing cars but there are some dealers cars sold as well , He does sell cars from Bankruptcy but The Judicial Auctionner from Lorient  (his girlfriend) must be present .. 

There are no garantys its all sold as seen having been through a CT which would declare their faults ...

Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

Nantes is not somewhere in Normandy its south of Rennes,did you mean there is also a car auction somewhere in Normandy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by wild at 60 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice I will give it a go

Sorry no image available

Ours wasn't a high mileage and there were also brand new cars going at below showroom prices .You just have to be lucky and not pin your hopes on one car make .Ours was a high speck car with a low mileage .

Sorry no image available

The auction at Lorient is open to anyone with money to spend ! We bought our car there .My advice would be to see your bank first ,if you want a car over the limit on your credit card and get a guarantee from them ,it only last 2 days . Get there in the morning and look out the cars you like ,there is a full history available and mechanics report  the thing to remember is that the price posted is the minimum they will accept ,plus commission.From memory it is VP auctions and can be found on line ,I think ,they happen once or twoce a month ,otherwise they are at Nantes somewhere in Normandy 

Sorry no image available
Posted by wild at 60 - 3 years ago

Thank you for info

Sorry no image available
Posted by d.browning - 3 years ago

you mean VP auto i think, and it is open to all, not just pro's. cars there mainly ex reps and HIGH km, 40,000+ a year . you could try alcopa in rennes also

http://www.alcopa-auction.fr/fr/vente-en-salle/rennes/13-juillet-2015_2410