DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car lease/ contract hire

Posted by Init - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Init - 3 years ago

Yes, what I consider a good deal. 0296245549

Ian

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorrcks - 3 years ago

hi 

did you find a lease car as we are looking at this option as well

Sorry no image available

Hi Reveuse,

why didn't you read the post? as you don't have any experience in the subject I was not aiming my post at you. You just wanted to pass on your unwanted opinion.

Init

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

init, why did you ask for other people's opinions if you already have yours and are going to stick to it?

A car depreciates no matter whether it's yours or it belongs to a lease company, and the lease company is not going to take the hit - it will pass it on to you one way or another. Leasing might be cost effective if you want to claim the costs as a business expense. If you can't afford to buy and run a car, tying yourself into a long term contract seems very unwise to me. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

Just read your last and I just don't agree , most private people lease because they cannot afford to buy and run a car , companys do it as a tax write off . Personally I like my bought and paid for lump of metal that may depreciate but is mine and no strings attached . 

Sorry no image available

Hi Avoican,

depending on your circumstances, unless you want a lump of metal that depreciates daily on your drive, it is cost effective and you are out of touch.  Init

Sorry no image available

Thanks Lofty, I pretty much agree with you. Could you email me details ie, which car/model , how much-ish and which dealer you used? ijrthorne@hotmail.com? I would really appreciate it.  Thanks,

Ian

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lofty-385373 - 3 years ago

Just picked my first one up yesterday. You tell them your expected annual mileage, difference between 20 and 25K a year only 2 euros a month, so went for higher amount to be safe

Pro's no servicing costs, free replacement if written off, no worry about depreciation.

con's its not yours

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

Oh come on let this lot wake up allready ,, I used to lease our company cars because I could write it off on taxes if you are not a company tax payer here then the only other interest is sometimes the servicing schedules and warrantys that go with a leased car.. You will get billed for excessive mileage as well (very expensive )

Sorry no image available

What, nobody?

Init