DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

cars mechanics

Posted by regwingfield@gmail.com - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by regwingfield@gmail.com - 3 years ago

Thanks for the offer Paul that would at least show me what i am looking for,

Email adress        regwingfield@gmail.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

Hi Reg,

If you want me to send you section 35 of the official manual just let me know, it shows where all the elemments are and how to check them. PM me and I'll send it back to your PM. Cheers, Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

I dont know if this will help but when I had the ABS light stay on it was the ABS sensor wires near the wheel had rubbed thru and shorted to earth causing the ABS light to stay on .Re-insulated the worn wire problem gone.Always look for the simple stuff first.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for your time Paul, its the 2/8 Diesel , not being really tops with my laptop i,m afraid unlike you, never been able to get what i really want from the Clib,luckily had no real prob with the car and the local Mechanic been very good with every day things,but this is a bit  beyond him, also no anglais at all,

Sorry no image available

Hi Reg,

I don't know whether you subscribe to it but the UK Pajero owners club is an absolute mine of information, you can search problems by subject/topic so no need to trawl through everything but I can say tha the advice and information I have gleaned from it has been invaluable, the posts I have made asking questions have all been answered by knowlegeable people and in many cases people who make a living from servicig and repairing these models.

My advice would be to take a look and sign up, it costs nothing so noting to lose, unlike many garages here (anywhere for that matter).

I have a full printout of the dealer repair and servicing manual, I also have an electronic copy. Is your the 2.5 or 2.8 engine? If it's the 2.5 the manual should cover it. I will have a quick look and see whre the unit is, I assume you meant ABS not ASB??

Regards, Paul

paul29690@hotmail.com

Sorry no image available

Hello Paul,

I have a 92 PAJERO Exceed, the problem is the A.S.B light is staying on, took it to Mitsu in Vanne (200 k round trip) they got the Comp. to it and seemed to think the Problem was under the consul between the front seats,said they would get in touch with PARIS and Phone me or send me an Email, but have heard nothing since last Fri.

The mechanic said it won,t affect the braking, I had tried that out even doing some emergency stops, no Prob so if you do have some answers, would be very grateful, Reg

Sorry no image available

Mitsubishi made quite a range of cars over the years, can you be more specific and maybe share your problem so that others have a better chance of helping you! We have a 22 year old Pajero, it's very well screwed together. I have found that most problems cost a fortune at a garage and most are easy DIY if you have a few skills, tools and a bit of confidence. Recently repaired the high pressure pump with the aid of a £26 seal kit and a few hours work, avoided a nice 1200€ bill from a firm in Brest. Runs like a dream now and not too thirsty any more..