DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Certificate de Situation

Posted by Fred JB - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 3 years ago

If you have not suceeded 'on line', it is known as a 'Certificate de Non-gage' and free and print-available at a special machine in the Carte Gris section at the Préfecture and also at most Sous-préfectures.  If problem, someone will help you.

It is used by the seller to prove that there is no outstanding debt nor obligation on the vehicule

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fred JB - 3 years ago

Thanks everybody for your efforts. I think it's a visit to the prefecture.

Sorry no image available
Posted by heureux - 3 years ago

injetge is right, it says there is no record, so please make extra sure that you have put in the details correctly ie the date of first registration, and the date of issue of your CG.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bandy - 3 years ago

No, it is telling you that there is no information that corresponds with your search relating to that vehicle.

There is clearly a problem here so if you can't get anywhere then you need to go speak to the Prefecture to see if they can find out what is going on.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

ne peut continuer means can NOT continue!!  notice the ne?

Sorry no image available

Yes Heureux, everything is set up in my name. When I leave the bottom box empty I get a red statement that appears at the top of the page which translates to  "No record matches the search. The operation can continue."

So at this point there must be somewhere to go to print off the form to give to the prospective buyer or do I try and print off the screen as it stands?

Sorry no image available

Is the car registered in your name?  Do you have the carte grise in your name, and using the details from the same?

Sorry no image available

Is the car registered in your name?  Do you have the carte grise in your name, and using the details from the same?

Sorry no image available

You should only fill one box, ie the top one if registered in your name  First and surname in the same box

Sorry no image available

If I leave the bottom box empty, then the boxes do not go red, but what shows is the following, at the top of the page where the error previously showed. This is also in red.

"Aucun dossier ne correspond à la recherche. L'opération ne peut se poursuivre."

This, I believe, translates to "No record matches the search. The operation can continue."

Then I obviously have to proceed to the form, or am I missing the point, but there is nowhere to go. Frustration mounts.