DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Certificate Of Conformity

Posted by Maxi7-992628 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Our C.O.C cost us €180 direct from Land Rover in Paris. Yes, €180 for one sheet of A4 paper!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Typical, in my experience, grasping attitude from TOYOTA France, on the two occasions I have needed after sales help they have quoted a crazy price or offered no help at all, on both occasions the problems were resolved from another source, BTW ours is a Rav 4 too.

Go for T UK. Good  Luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxi7-992628 - 3 years ago

Just an update incase anyone else is doing this. I enquired at the prefecture at Rennes about a COC and they said that it is not always necessary, but having checked my V5 they confirmed that it was incomplete so suggested I obtained a COC from Toyota UK. They also agreed that as a legal document it was valid in all EU countries. The COC arrived within 3 days so next I went to the Centre des Impots in St Malo to get my certificate (quitus fiscale). I took all my paperwork to the Sous  Prefecture at St Malo, ( I live closer to St Malo than Rennes) where I was told that the COC was unacceptable as it had to be in French! Next morning drove to the prefecture at Rennes and picked up my Carte Grise no problem at all. So, all I can say is if you live in 35 best go to Rennes...Thanks for all the advice and comments.

Sorry no image available
Posted by still looking-435759 - 3 years ago

We moved to Brittany last December and I sent for the COC for our Yaris direct from Toyota UK and they provided one in English and also a copy in French for about £90 which helps things a lot over here. Dreaded changing number plates with all the nightmare stories you hear but with planning of  the documentation you will need, (thanks a lot to Anglo Info) I'd done both the Centre des Impots and Prefecture in Vannes and had my Carte Gris copy in my hand in under an hour.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

I've just done a registration of a UK sourced car with no C of C - as long as the other paperwork is in order it's not a problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bandy - 3 years ago

Unfortunately there's a lot more to registering without a CofC than just havig a number in 'Box K' on the V5.

Very often these numbers are erroneous or incomplete on GB registration certificates.

Furthermore there are other boxes that need to have the correct info in them

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

"you will need to visit your prefecture to obtain a 'clear of tax liability"

No-you get the tax clearance document (Quittus fiscal) from your local impots office.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxi7-992628 - 3 years ago

Thank you for all the comments and emails, I do have a european type number in column K on my V5 so I'll go to the prefecture tommorw and if I still need a CoC I'll definitely go for the one from Toyota UK.  It really is very helpful to hear from people who have been through this already!

Thanks again!

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashore-10052757 - 3 years ago

If you have a French address you cannot get a replacement V5 but they will send you a certificate of permanent export.

Sorry no image available
Posted by night&day - 3 years ago

If you apply for a replacment V5 will it have the  number in paragraph K ?

good luck