Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Certificate of conformity for a VW van

Posted by frizby-400559 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lolla-92437 - 3 years ago

For our 1999 T4, we had a partial COC from VW France at cost 150 euro - then went to DREAL ( pre booked appointment)  for the inspection ( think it was 80 euro ) we were told as no T4 are the same none conform and so all have to be inpected - the man at DREAL measured it inside and out and did little else but kick the tyres and did issue the attestation which meant we could get it registered - it does cost BUT there is no way round it ! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by teddyruxspin - 3 years ago

Thats the french for ya ...they did stop issuing CoCs & attestations...so have obviously changed their minds again..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Son Of Fred - 3 years ago

Barty b and Teddy ruxpin  I did not say DREAL gave me an CoC, I had an Attestation from them which allowed me to register the car.And this was last year

Sorry no image available
Posted by bandy - 3 years ago

What is it that concerns you now, frizby ?

VW France have told you what you need to do.  It's all very straightforward, so what exactly is the problem ?

There's no need to contact VW UK - nor is there any point.  Just follow the instructions and you'll get your attestation.


Sorry no image available
Posted by Burt Lancaster - 3 years ago

Fitzby, part of the reason they ask for a CoC is towards the law that vehicles cannot be modified, when the vehicle goes for it's ct it will be refused if the Coc and what's actually under the bonnet, wheels etc are not as per. Nothing easy but it's there for that reason.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

For a van the conformity must be supplied by the VW France,

I'd complete their form as much as you can and send it in with the copy of the V5 and a cheque. They'll ask for any clarification that they need.  (Ford, Suzuki and Citroen from experience don't need anything except a copy of the V5 and a cheque)


Sorry no image available
Posted by frizby-400559 - 3 years ago

I would presume that 

homologation.import@volkswagen.fr.  is VW France especially as it was VW Uk that gave me the email address.

So looks like we are no further again we all have some knowledge but somehow we are all still kept in the dark by the mystery of the french bureaucratic systems.


As VW Uk customer services were polite and helpful I think I may again approach them and see if they have any further suggestions that may bare  fruit.


Sorry no image available
Posted by teddyruxspin - 3 years ago

you will have to go to VW france for an attestation d conformity

Sorry no image available
Posted by teddyruxspin - 3 years ago

bartyb is correct dreal stopped giving out COCs about 3 years ago

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

DRIRE (who are now called DREAL) no longer provide a CoC equivelent and in any event have never did for commercial vehicles which a van counts as.

Frizby, please say that you have researched registering a camper van, I fear that getting the CoC for the base vehicle is only going to be the start of your journey and much battling with bureaucracy .

Good luck with it