DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Change of ownership

Posted by Master-932168 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by - 3 years ago

Master

Go to Vannes, the Sub Prefecture at Pontivy only takes in the forms and if they are not 110% perfect will reject them. You then have to wait for Pontivy to post them off, Vannes process them and return o you, could take a week or more.  At Vannes they will help you fill in the form and correct it if not 100% correct. You then get a temporary registration document, after paying your fees, All sorted. I have re-regiistered 3 cars and had the number plates on the car the same day.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Meldrew-391022 - 3 years ago

Ha! 200 euros, thats nothing!  My 18 year old jag cost me 550 euros and that was with a 50% reduction as the vehicle is over 10 years old.

Charge is directly related to the Ch of the car - therefore little car little cost, big car big cost - simples!

At least you only have to pay it once not every year like rip-off Britain.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Master-932168 - 3 years ago

Just inform every one the office is now back over the road I at the original place.Almost two hundred euros to have a car registered in my name!!

Sorry no image available

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stumpy2733 - 3 years ago

I did mine there 2 weeks ago. The temporary office then was directly opposite, across the car park. 

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that,it will save a trip to Vannes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

The sous-prefecture at Pontivy has moved temporarily - something to do with the building being refurbished.

Déménagement temporaire

Dans  le  cadre  de  travaux  d’amélioration  des  locaux,  les  services  de  la  sous-préfecture de Pontivy situés 8 rue François Mitterrand , déménagent temporairement, à compter du 31 août 2015,  au 7 rue du Tribunal -  56300 Pontivy, dans les locaux de l’ancien tribunal, en face de la sous-préfecture/Mairie.
Les  numéros  de  téléphone  et  les  courriels  pour  joindre  la  sous-préfecture  de  Pontivy  restent inchangés (accueil téléphonique au 02 97 27 48 50).
Par  ailleurs,  afin  de  permettre  le  déménagement  des  services/agents,  la  sous-préfecture  sera exceptionnellement  fermée  entre  le  31  août  et  le  7  septembre  2015. 
Le  public  sera  accueilli  sur  le nouveau site de 8h30 à 12h le lundi, mardi, jeudi et vendredi à compter du 7 septembre 2015.

Sorry no image available

Found it.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that,got any idea of the address.

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

Go to the Prefecture in Vannes