DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Citroen C5 Diesel

Posted by lakeman-415065 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pitstop-401534 - 3 years ago

In reply to the actual original question , if you do think it is fuel related then a lot of those rubber primer hand pumps have a one way check valve in them , so when they fail the car ( often Renault's and Vauxhall ) have difficulty starting as they have no electric lift pump , you can easily by a one way valve to splice inline from e-bay for very little money , this will stop the fuel draining back , 

I normally keep these little valves but this problem is so common i have none left

good luck lakeman

Sorry no image available

whats a sick wick ,  and no a lot of modern diesels dont always need there glow plugs to start from cold , 

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

I had this same problem with my Mercedes fuel draining back, if I parked it facing down the slope no problem, took it to Mercedes main agent and it was diagnosed as having a small diesel leak in a pipe going to the diesel pump it turned out to be a small o ring, had that replaced and been fine ever since good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

Not all diesel engines need glow plugs to start them

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashore-10052757 - 3 years ago

Or even a wick!

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashore-10052757 - 3 years ago

I know exactly how a Diesel engine works pitsto, I also know that heat alone is not enough to make it burn, it needs compression or a sick.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Sorry didn't mean to imply you used wiki but then you might have done and just be saying you didn't ,one will never know.Re the error code bit my Opel didn't show up anything ,first garage said the injection system had had it at cost of around 1,800€ ,second opinion was change fuel line and little valve at far less money,went for second option car no more trouble and has done well over 50 thousand since,with the Renault all I get is they all do that and what you need to do is give it a good blast once a month.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Space Cadet - 3 years ago

geegee42, you said that deisel engines are magic to you. So I explained, for the benefit of yoursef, in simple terms the principal of the diesel engine. You responded by implying I had used wikipedia to gather this information.

I didn`t need wikipeadiea or any other search engine. It`s called,"being educated".

Sorry no image available

Sorry my Mistake , C5 , so scrap my last comments

The car needs to checked for error codes 1st

Sorry no image available

The C15 van has a 1.9d engine not a modern common rail , Faced with the posters own explanation of the symptons i would still be checking the aforementioned relay as fitted to PSA cars of this age !

Ian T