DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Citroen re-registration

Posted by troy Mc Lure - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Field18 - 3 years ago

If the car is over 4 yrs old a CT is required in order to get registered. If car is less than 10yrs old there may be no need for a CofC if info on V5c is correct. Unfortunately you will not know this is correct until point of registration but it is woth a try.

Current MOT less than 6 months old then no need for CT.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

Sorry it was ten years ago, but this is the UK contact number for Citroen 0800 093 9393.

You can obtain a CT before registration, it will be recorded with the UK reg and changed in two years when you go for the next one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by troy Mc Lure - 3 years ago

@goneanddunit do you have their details please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

Give Citroen UK a call, all we had to do was email a copy of our V5 and post a cheque.

Sorry no image available

the information on this site also says you need a valid CT, but i have been told in the past that the car needs to be re-registered first before it can be tested to obtain the CT?

Sorry no image available

I have found the citroen address for the certificate of conformity, so do i just post the log book to them ? I assume a fee is involved how do i find out what it is and does it have to be sent with the log book or am i billed later?

Sorry no image available

It doesn't say where to the the “Attestation RTI" from for citroen, or what to do if you don't have proof of purchase. as most people don't with second hand cars! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

All the info is here.  http://brittany.angloinfo.com/information/transport/vehicle-ownership/eu-vehicle/  You can't do it online.