DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

classic car mechanic

Posted by CarMart-955122 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chantishirl - 3 years ago

Hi Carmart,

I have some original owner's handbooks/motor manuals.

Please pm me if interested.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hailoffame - 3 years ago

I have been in the trade up to retiring and so have seen plenty of classics.

My main field of expertise is tuning ( I was with hometune for 8 years 1968 to 76 and an AA patrol before that.

I  still have plenty of tools , carburetter tools, scope,timing light,gas tester etc ,

also many spares for that era.

thanks   Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

Did any thing materialise with this "Idea"????

Sorry no image available
Posted by racerbob - 3 years ago

Sounds an interesting idea, I'm an ex racing mechanic who has also restored a few cars over the years. I have a lot of engine building / tuning experience, I'm kept fairly busy looking after my own old cars, but I might be interested in talking to you, I also know quite a few folk with classics (French and English people) who may be interested in having work carried out.

Bob

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Sent to you by PM

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarMart-955122 - 3 years ago

Hi Richard ,would like to get in touch with you refrence to a possible meet to chat if you send me your email i will be in touch thank you very much for your interest and a very very good new year yours martin marzec 

Sorry no image available

Well still no reply.

I am well versed in all aspects of classic car renovation any thing from 1920,s to 1980,s mechanical and ,body work. 

But if you dont reply how can any one help you.

Sorry no image available

I have messaged you,waiting for a reply.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pitstop-401534 - 3 years ago

Luckily for me i have never suggested to anyone that i know it all and i personally continue to learn everyday , that said i do know a lot more about cars than most people as i have succesfully made it my life and passion for 27years , it is not just a job for me 

however when i do answer a post ( not often ) i do so on only the subject i know about , eg mechanics and running a very succesful garage workshop for 6.5yrs in France , what i dont do , i do not give my tuppence worth all day every day on every subject known to man

As to the original poster , i was suggesting that you could do very well if you are registered and insured properly , and yes many of the car mechanics i know are not actally registered as car mechanics and so have very dubious insurance , In balance there are also very good well set up experienced Uk mechanics trading here ,   

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Pitstop, no matter how good anyone is there is always a need for more knolwledge those that know it all or reckon to are usually not that good at any of it, 

Carmart I would be interestested but from a financial side, I also know a extreemly good coach builder who may be intersted if those are the skills your looking for then PM me