DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

coc for transit

Posted by abc123-412292 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Rodney - 3 years ago

Why bother with a coc.

Just get two hens and you will have all the eggs you need.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 22150 Brittany - 3 years ago

emmisons no, clean the air filter add some injector cleaner and drive it hard to the test centre, very rustytipper  body could be a problem,mild rust just paint it with anti rust tractor paint.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hi ho! - 3 years ago

Mine does have the crash bars behind the cab to rear wheels...but it has some bad rust. Your had no problems with the emissions?

Sorry no image available

Mine was not the original but it is not rotten,and I did fit the side bars between cab and back wheels,they would check that it is mounted correctly,which is basically what the inspection is for although matey in Plerin took it on himself to control the whole vehicle,

Sorry no image available

The tipper body is not original...and is not good...did this present a problem for you?

Sorry no image available

Mine is a transit 2001 twin wheel tipper,now french registered,so not improbable ,not impossible just a bit difficult

Sorry no image available

How have you got on with yiur tranny? 

I have a 2007 crew cab tipper...

Sorry no image available

It`s a definite maybe..

Sorry no image available

The partial COC is for the chassis cab,the vehicle then has to be inspected for the mounting of the body,vans are fine trucks this is normally the case,even have a friend who has only a partial COC for his peugot 504 pick up

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twiglets-10060825 - 3 years ago

Anon....all the rules a regs have changed drastically during the last couple of years & I tired to help re-reg. a 2008 VW tipper  failed miserably. The COC from VW stated a double 6 seater cab not a single 3 seater + it tipped sideways (as many Fr do) but this tipped as normal in UK front to back & on inspection they wanted "cow-catchers fitted on both sides & the rear 'chassis/bumper' on the rear lowered = impossible so the owner gave up. And yet I have a partial COC on a van & they passed that with Carte Gris issued. I think it depends on how much one wants to re-reg. & how many hoops to jump thru for a result as some i.e. Honda's from USA , Japanese imports will probably never pass.