DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cost registering a UK car in France

Posted by lover - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lover - 3 years ago

The cost of the cert matriculation is 400 euros. Thanks for everyone help, and a special thank you to Dueller the CoC tip on section K may just save me forking out 180 euros to some rip off merchant for a piece of paper, which I was just about to do.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

OK that's fine. Glad we don't have car tax here, in fact without looking it up, I can't even remember how much it was in the last year we had it here !

Sorry no image available
Posted by buttermaker - 3 years ago

I think you are right Rance but my cars are a similar bhp to the OP's. I should have mentioned that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dueller-813343 - 3 years ago

2007, you log book should already have the COC number on it. Have a look down page 2 of your log book, the number is under section "K" i think. It wil start with a small "e".

Sorry no image available

Buttermaker"Am I meant to feel sorry for him Rance?"

No just pointing out that you were generalising . I am told that road tax in the UK is quite different from small hybrids to gas guzzlers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

Apologies - just ignore my post.  Just being a bit duh!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

Freckleface - you can drive your car with an MOT less than 6 months old until it runs out, provided the tax is in date and hasn't been cancelled, which it has according to lover's other post.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buttermaker - 3 years ago

Am I meant to feel sorry for him Rance?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freckleface-401505 - 3 years ago

The French will now accept a UK MOT. less than 6 months old and you can drive your car until that runs out. Apart from the registration fee all the other items mentioned can be done cheaply, it just needs a bit of time sourcing the parts. I have imported about seven or eight cars over the past ten years and I think now its even easier!

Sorry no image available

Buttermaker, our Son in the UK pays £30 car tax per year.....