DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dash Cam - Any Recommendations..?

Posted by No longer Online - Created: 4 years ago
0 0

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 4 years ago

I've bought them cheap from ebay, and expensive elsewhere. I've bought them for me, and as gifts. The ones I bought each do exactly the same thing as the other, and they work just as well now as when I bought them - they have lasted the same amount of time - and they are still working.

Look on ebay. Expensive isn't always the best value, and for £30 quid ish, I reckon it's worth a punt.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 4 years ago

Many thanks for the replies one and all. Now slightly less confused!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 4 years ago

I have this http://www.3wisemonkeys.co.uk/nextbase-402g-professional-in-car-cam/ It records where you are by GPS, speed, g force if you are in an accident plus if you are involved in an accident it "locks" the video so it can't be overwritten.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by Frelon - 4 years ago

Have a look here.

I have had one of the early generation for over a year, so this model will be much better.

Bear in mind that the camera should be unobtrusive (both to you and other drivers). This one tucks away behind the rear view mirror and after a while you forget that it is there.

It fires up when you start the engine and stops when you do.

You will find that you will be playing with it quite a bit at first, just to see how it is doing. But after a while you just forget it, only to remember it is there should you have an incident.

You should remember the time of the incident so that you can review your video afterwards.

Good luck, good peace of mind.

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

Basic GoPro Hero at about £100 seems like a bargain (from Amazon)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 4 years ago

phlophf

many thanks for your reply. I agree, 250€  for a GoPro is a bit on the dear side, but I guess if you want a Rolls-Royce, you have to pay R-R money! 

Like you, I would want it for the 'admiring the scenery' aspect of it as well as in case of an 'incident'; GPS logging would also be useful. I've trawled through the offerings on ebay and got thoroughly confused which is why I thought I would try the personal recommendation route.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 4 years ago

I have asked this question recently on another forum and most replies recommended a GOPRO

However these are quite expensive (€250)and looking online I found this one by Eprance at £118 reduced to £63 on amazon

E-PRANCE® D101 FHD

another spec on here

mydashka.com/product/e-prance-d101-fhd-1080p-video-resolution-novatek-chip-car-dash-camera-3-0-inch-tft-screen-170-degree-wide-angle-lens-gps-logger-g-sensor-infrared-night-vision-with-32g-memory-card/

I think it depends on what you want it for - if its just as an accident witness there are plenty much cheaper , but I want mine for scenery too so opted for the Eprance - it is pretty good and especially at night (of which all are not.)