DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Disposing of old tyres

Posted by wineoclock@1pm - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lerauf - 3 years ago

You could try this site, if your French is up to it.

http://www.dechets-chantier.ffbatiment.fr/rechercher-centres.aspx?dep=22&page=ville

The information regarding déchèteries on it might not be exact, you can however phone up any of the establishments listed to check.

It is worth remembering that quite a lot of déchèteries only let local residents use them and many have checking systems in place.

Sorry no image available
Posted by wineoclock@1pm - 3 years ago

I did think the potatoes route but google info suggests about toxin releases from the rubber and all the other chemicals in them, ally pretty unpleasant that can find their way into food grown in them. Anyay, I've put them in a shed - out of site etc, etc. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Que si - 3 years ago

wineoclock@1pm You could always drop in to your local Marie and ask them where you should take them. I've always found mine to be very helpful with any queries I have had.

Sorry no image available
Posted by woodlandsruth - 3 years ago

fill with soil and plant patatoes as leaves appear put next tyre on and fill with soil and repeat

Sorry no image available
Posted by tezzy - 3 years ago

depending on how many you have someone might like them for free to use them for making xcountry tyre jumps or stands for jumps for horses.

Sorry no image available

Jack, with all due respect, I did say thank you for the information and if I'm out that way I'll take them. Thank you alsoto everyone else for advice and suggestions.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 3 years ago

Try clicking on the links I posted and reading them.

They are symbols so no problems with translation.

I don't know why I even bother trying to help people these days...

Jack

Sorry no image available
Posted by grumpyjoe - 3 years ago

Lumbersexual, Decheteries will NOT take bare tyres.They will only accept tyres still on their rims in to the scrap.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Jack for the information. I did google the distances and I think the nearest was a half hour away which is a lot for 7 tyres. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 3 years ago

Place on top of one another fill with soil and compost a couple of poles inside to stop movement and plant with flowers, paint them if you don't like black.