DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

drivig licence photo card

Posted by ropeyxxx123 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by steverockers-392585 - 3 years ago

As your photocard licence has expired, you may need to get a document from DVLA which shows your entitlement to drive and the various groups.  Just ring DVLA and they will post it next day.  The cost is £5, which they will take on a debit or credit card.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vichy-445734 - 3 years ago

Yes, I have those two forms 

thank you for your kindness shown 

V

x

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretongirl56 - 3 years ago

Vichy there are two different forms to be filled in. These can be downloaded from AI's site and are....

Download form Cerfa n°14879*01 Download form Cerfa n°14948*01, Ref.06It must be printed in colour.

Sorry no image available

Ooooopps 

back to the printer to recopy in colour, thank you very much indeed. 

Vichy

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretongirl56 - 3 years ago

We have just been through this process - earlier this week in fact, so it's all very fresh in my mind.

We went to the Sous Prefecture in Lorient armed with every bit of paper we thought we might need. In fact all they required was this:

The two completed forms along with three photographs

One colour copy of my driving licence (printed double sided)

One colour copy of my passport

One copy of EDF bill

One copy of my birth certificate. (My husband didn't need this but as a married woman's French licence is issued in her maiden name, a birth certificate is required)

One stamped addressed envelope for them to notify us when the licences are ready.

First in the queue at 8.30 am and all dealt with very pleasantly and efficiently. No licence translation was required. Out of there by 9am and our new licences will be reday to collect in about a month.

Sorry no image available

Dear IuapI 

massive thank you for your information, 

I now know that I have made an error in that section, I'm going to cross it out and hope for the best.

also  (sorry to be a pain) how many photos do I need to send, I have to stick one to the forms X2, is that all?.

Vichy

X

Sorry no image available
Posted by luap1 - 3 years ago

Vichy,

- etat de deliverance du titre du echanger  =  country of issue if different from your current licence, i.e.   did you have a German before changing for your current UK licence ?  

If you have only ever had a UK licence enter ...  NON

- date d' objection ou deliverance  = valid from date  ( from your photocard / or paper if you have one )

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

My son let his photocard licence expire and when he applied for a french licence, just for the same categories (no HGV etc.) he had to have a sight test - he's 36, so not because of his age.

Sorry no image available

Even my fancy translation app doesn't understand the bloody french terminology on the forms,

LOST IN TRANSLATION 

VICHY 

Sorry no image available

Help,

what is 

Etat de deliverance  du titre a exchanger ?

date d'objection ou de deliverance ?

is this the issue dates and expiry date as printed on our plastic photo driving licence cards.!

Oh,thank you in anticipation 

v X