DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Engine cleaner

Posted by JohnP-390097 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

For an old tractor whee almost all is accessible I would Karcher first & then petrol & a long             bristle paint brush.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

Thank you for the thought Jake. It is in fact for my vintage tractor so I am trying to remove a mixture of diesel, oil and mud but I will still steer clear of electrics.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jake-385069 - 3 years ago

If its a late model car then manufacturers like peugeot etc do not recomend washing the engines due to the ammount of electronics involved in the engine management,so be careful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

Thank you for the replies

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

Aerosol cans of engine cleaner are available from most Motorist shops Norauto, Feu Vert, Roady etc. Spray on to warm engine then hose off with water.

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

The product I use is < GS27 NETTOYANT MOTEUR > Inhibiteur de Corrosion sans acide. A 500ml spray green plastic wedge shape bottle with a fot oa an engine on the front...bought from FEU VERT.

Spray it on & then wait 10 minutes before hosing it off gently with clean cold water...repeat if required.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikyMoo - 3 years ago

Yes try T R F traffic film remover , very strong concentrated , needs to be diluted about 50 to 1 it's used to clean lorrys / bus ,does not burn skin just very soapy ,I buy it in 25 Lt about £30

Sorry no image available
Posted by ratchetman-640417 - 3 years ago

Brush on Paraffin/petrol mix wear gloves and goggles and blow dry with compressed air.

Works for me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

I end up using white spirit.  Gunk and all the old favourites are rubbish lately due to the EU nannies legislating against anything really effective.