DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English drivers

Posted by apples-426462 - Created: 2 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 2 years ago

I would imagine it will be easy to spot said vehicle as that the registration plate is more than likely something like D1C HED  or maybe 1 TID !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by apples-426462 - 2 years ago

I don't know why your all obsessed with the discription of " english reg : black  Range Rover" this is the only way I could discribe him as that was what the car was  driven by a male ,perhaps to satisfy the Pedantic I should have put British ,but there you are whether he was driving a RR or whatever  the limit is for everyone ,now I will walk the dog looking out for any RR black of course !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 2 years ago

Heavytree, in no way did I tar all RR drivers with the same brush!  Throughout my post I have referred to one iparticular driver and his vehicle was a way to identify him.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Heavitree-431035 - 2 years ago

Please do not tar all Range Rover drivers with the same brush.I have a RR sport, love it , and drive it with respect for all other road users .

Sorry no image available
Posted by brodeuse - 2 years ago

"Meanwhile, if you see a black RR on Brit plates, pull over! ;-)"

Ha Ha, reminds me of advice my father gave me in the 1970's when I learnt to drive at 17 years old.

'If you're following a man wearing a trilby, be careful! If you're following a man smoking a pipe, be careful! If he's smoking a pipe AND wearing a trilby, turn off and go another way!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by oldminiman-10052272 - 2 years ago

Hardly mate, I am still in the UK!

Sorry no image available

Chèvrefeuille, you are right I suspect. We don't see dangerous driving daily!  I suspect the OP doesn't either, which is why he was so incensed!  There will no doubt be people who will disagree with this but  driving carelessly and driving dangerously are two different things hence, in th UK at least, they are two different offences.  Getting wound up when somebody breaks the speed limit by a km or two does nothing but raise your blood pressure and turn you into a GOG.  Leave them to the speed camera, they'll get caught eventually.  Do what IC says and drive so that you can anticipate wherever possible but there will always be that on idiot you can't anticipate. Meanwhile, if you see a black RR on Brit plates, pull over! ;-)

Bring on the keyboard warriors.......

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 2 years ago

I must drive with my eyes shut as I don't see bad or dangerous driving daily. The roads that I used have a light dusting of normal drivers. Perhaps I'm just lucky!

Sorry no image available

So, Jamie, how do you anticipate being overtaken on a junction where you have stopped ready to turn right and an idiot in a Black RR doesn't just pull up behind you, he goes round you without even slowing down and turns right, across your path!  Do you wait to see what every car behind you does before you move off? You'd never get through the junction.  We had barely ground to a halt at a 5 way junction when this happened.  We are all capable of anticipating but you can't do it for every situation!

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 2 years ago

Why do people get so ars-- when someone says english instead of british? It's just natural sometimes to say english, it's not meant to be racist etc.

Fitter how did you know the white van brigade were french? They could have been Bretons, or even english, american, spanish, australian........... Oh sorry, or welsh, irish, scottish!