DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Europe Assistance

Posted by junkanoo - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

I have been back here in Brittany since 2011 , the ADAC are still the best breakdown and recovery service even with home breakdowns

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 3 years ago

The UK caravan community seem very enthusiastic about ADAC, for example http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/76290-an-adac-question/

Sorry no image available
Posted by troy Mc Lure - 3 years ago

@fredbloggs2  Your experince with the break down service may have been good because it was a german service taking you to germany from france. I wonder if the service is as good within france?

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

The ADAC system works beautifully anywhere , I had my Mercedes towed from Quimper to Munich by their relay system and was given a car to get home to Munich about 6 years ago ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by junkanoo - 3 years ago

Hi

Thanks again but I'm not sure it's quite what I am looking for, especially as my German is only slightly better than my Outer Mongolian. The Europe Assistance scheme looks good on paper. I would just like to be reassured that the reality matches the promise.

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Have a look at ADAC. It's a German company but you don't need to live in Germany, and they have English speakers. It's around 100€ a year and it has good reports. I have this insurance but I've never used it yet so can't comment.

https://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/ (as it says you can't subscribe on line if you live outside of DE but it's easy to do it over the phone).

Sorry no image available
Posted by junkanoo - 3 years ago

Hi

Thanks for that, but I am trying to find an alternative to the insurance-bundled schemes. My experience with them has not been good. Europe Assistance do their own independent scheme for about €160 per year and I would like to know if the service is as good as it says in the publicity.

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

It all depends what level of breakdown cover you have with your car insurance policy.... normally you have a choice and the basic/cheapest usually doesn't include home start or hire cars or stuff like that and will just tow your vehicle to the nearest garage.