DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

ferry

Posted by shorrcks - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorrcks - 3 years ago

hi all

i did this journey on a week day last time & all was ok. 

does not look like the bus on after 7pm on a sunday. does  anyone know how much a taxi from the sncf gare to the ferry port would be as a guide.

thanks 

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorrcks - 3 years ago

hi buster

directions spot on. thanks i got the slow bus as it was the first one that came. so all good

thanks againimpressed with the train journey as all connections were within ten mins of each other so hanging around.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gillthehornet - 3 years ago

I may have missed when you said you were travelling?  I'm on the Caen - Portsmouth overnight on Monday 2nd March, travelling from 22 but could collect from Carhaix or Guingamp station.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

That should say 3 types ; )

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

The bus from caen is the no. 61

Now there are 33 different types

one stops along the way to where ever it is going

one is an express only stops 1/2 times and then there is a stop about 5 mins walk to the terminal

The best is the ferry link - also a 61 -  this leaves about 1 1/2 hrs before the boat goes and is direct to the ferry terminal

These 61 buses leave from in front of the rail station, once outside cross the roads ahead of you,  go to your right and its one of the bus shelters in front of a kibab resto!

You can look on street view!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorrcks - 4 years ago

hi

thanks for that  info. i am looking at been there about 6pm of the train so there seems to be one running till about 9pm . other than that its walking

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 4 years ago

All of the information requested here can be obtained simply and easily by doing a Google Search.

Caen Railway Station to Ouistreham is 10 miles

There is a bus service between Ouistreham and Caen. This service does not run for evening ferry arrivals or departures. The vehicles used for this service are not adapted for disabled travellers. Route 61 takes you to Caen City Centre and buses depart about 500 yards from the terminal. View timetables and further details on the Twisto website.  Price is 1.35 Euro  Not very helpful to you for an evening departure.

Rennes Railway Station to St Jacques de la lande is 4.2 miles

There is a bus service between the Railway Station and the airport but first take the Metro to Place Republic and then bus 57 to the airport.  It runs every 20 minutes.

I found this information within 5 minutes.  My advice is to re-check what I have given to ensure that the timetables and costs meet your requirements.

Sorry no image available

Hi

thanks for the replies

am also looking at rennes to southampton on tue 24/feb

how far is the train station to the airport and is there any transport links.

Sorry no image available

hi 

thanks, i belive that there is some kind of bus service but not sure about times.will spend a bit of time on google later to sort out times, trains etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 4 years ago

Sorry can't help with a lift, but if you decide to use he train you need to be aware that the ferry port is at Ouistram - about 20 k along the estuary from Caen