DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

headlights

Posted by phlophf-409902 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bandy - 4 years ago

It is indeed possible to pass the CT with english headlights - all the tester has to do is look the other way when checking the beams, et voila !

Seriously though, whether your friendly CT tester does his job correctly or not, it's a legal requirement (as well as for the CT) to have the correct approved headlights for driving on the right - it's also a safety issue, to ensure that the kerbside is sufficiently illuminated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve hall - 4 years ago

It is possible to pass the ct with English headlights - I did with my Honda CRV. Much depends on which ct station is used - levels of stringency can differ.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dangermouse-440611 - 4 years ago

hi try ian torode he has an advert on this site and can also fit them if required,derek

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 4 years ago

http://www.vap.fr/

we have used this company near Vannes, they have a huge range of spares including lights

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 4 years ago

If you are looking to replace the headllights from RHD to LHD you should be aware that they are not going to be cheap. I have searched online for you and the only ones I can find are on ebay and are shipped from Germany. They are sold by a company called The Headlamp Shop and are €529 for the pair excluding shipping. You can get headlamp adapters but  these will now not pass a CT examination if you are wanting to register the car here. I hope someone else may be able to help you find them cheaper. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 4 years ago

This company is a Honda dealer in the UK who are very efficient at exporting parts to France.

I have been buying Honda  parts recently and their delivery is usually 2 days.

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/